PDA

View Full Version : Actimel

21st Nov 2003, 00:05
Has anyone actually tried this stuff and have it make a difference to how they feel?

I can't remember this drink being around before - I'm trying it out at the moment, after a lapse of concentration in Tesco's.

I reckon it's got Placebo written all over it!

Anyone care to comment / shout me down?

GROUNDHOG
21st Nov 2003, 00:50
Been having Actimel on the brekkie cereal for a couple of years now. Don't really know if it does any good or not but it tastes a lot nicer than milk to me.

gingernut
1st Dec 2003, 23:20
More of a banana liquidised in milk (semi skinned of course), man myself.

The trouble with this yoghurt lot, is they don't seem to have any culture.

Polly Gnome
4th Dec 2003, 02:38
My doctor recommended Actimel (or similar) when I had an upset tum after taking antibiotics.

Jinkster
18th Dec 2003, 22:03

Let us know how it goes!!

Have you been dancing around in front of CCTV cameras? :E

Jinkster

Rupert S
24th Dec 2003, 21:16
I've had Actimel a few times. Tastes nicer than Yakult so i'm happy. Don't know if it does anything though.

2nd Jan 2004, 22:55
Well, been on the juice now every day since I started this thread around the beginning of December.

Sad to say, I can't notice the difference - It does taste good, but can't actually say whether or not it has made a difference to the system.

I did get a short bout of flu just before I went on holiday - but it cleared up within 36 hours - whether or not you could attribute the quick recovery to regular doses of Actimel, I will never know.

Jinks - haven't been dancing around any car parks recently, but I did have a bit of a jive at New Year.......does that count?