PDA

View Full Version : Another one for the spotters..

number9
20th Nov 2003, 23:16
Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum! Couldn't really figure where else to put it.

Saw this Air Mali (aka Air Maybe) bird down at Bamako airport, here in Mali.. was at a bit of a loss to identify it. Any takers?

It was in truly appalling condition, have a bunch of pics if anyone's interested. Air Mali has been in and out of liquidation here for years now...

http://antilag.org/afrique/IMG_3456.jpg

Evanelpus
21st Nov 2003, 00:07
It's a Fokker!!

Fk28 to be precise.

number9
21st Nov 2003, 00:26
(reads from the document in French) AERONEF FOKKER F - 28 MK 1000 No 11003 TZ-ASH

Not sure how I missed that one! I'm a jackass.

:(

Thanks though. :)

Boss Raptor
21st Nov 2003, 00:42
There used to be one more down at BKO getting surrounded by the undergrowth

That one looks like TZ-ASH 11003, the 3rd F28 prototype, belonged to Fokker for years and flew with Martinair and NLM as PH-MOL (saw the aircraft and records back in about 2000)

The other one which may still be there is C5-ADF ex Air Dabia, TAT in France for most of its' life

number9
21st Nov 2003, 17:19
There used to be one more down at BKO getting surrounded by the undergrowth

Ahh okay, where abouts do you remember? I might go and have a look for it.. :)

That one looks like TZ-ASH 11003, the 3rd F28 prototype, belonged to Fokker for years and flew with Martinair and NLM as PH-MOL (saw the aircraft and records back in about 2000)

Yep, sure is! I have the documentation here for it's auction. It says:

"Un (1) AERONEF FOKKER F - 28 MK 1000 N° 11003, immatriculé TZ-ASH en date du 21/08/1998 gagé par la << société AIR-MALI SA >>"

The rest is just legal crap.

The other one which may still be there is C5-ADF ex Air Dabia, TAT in France for most of its' life

So what were doing out in this neck of the woods, anyway? I work in Bamako, in mining (we charter the occasional flight).

ATC Watcher
30th Nov 2003, 15:31
Hi Nr9, Ca va ?
I used to be in Mali years back , are the local ladies still the same ?
BTW would you know if there are still flights to GAO ? and if yes is the airline / aircrfat type doing the run OK by your standards ?
I might have to go there in near future .
Regards from the rainy North.

eurostar builder
30th Nov 2003, 21:53
how about a pilot spotters forum on the webpage...