PDA

View Full Version : Qatari Boeing 777-300ER's

Jennie Blond
20th Nov 2003, 21:50
Rumours all around Dubai just now that QR will announce orders for Boeing 777-300ER's during Dubai Air Show.

Ready
21st Nov 2003, 02:20
Yap!
I heard that as well from our maintenance department. I guess it would be politically correct for QR to do so.
Cheers!

CDRW
21st Nov 2003, 05:22
Qatar Ailines - expanding
Gulf Air - Expanding
Emirates - Expanding ( big time)
Gulf Traveller - not sure what its doing
Oman Air - still plodding on
New Start up in Abu Dhabi - supposed to be the national carrier of Auh.

There seems to be an awful lot of increased capacity in the Gulf region. What will happen when the petro $ run out??

Jim Morehead
21st Nov 2003, 08:33
I have a good contact at Qatar. I'll try to find out. The 777 is a great airplane.

United was talking about returning some since they got the lease cost down on the 747-400s and may or may not have gotten the lease cost down on the 777s.

Just a question on Emirates for anyone who might know, from postings here, it appears that the 777 is not their main needs now. Is it easy or tough to get a Captain job there is one is not current. I am not job seeking ,but am surprised that many places world wide reuire one to be currnet and on that airplane I have not been current since 1999. And I only had 1,000 hours on it.

Could someone familiar with Emirates and direct entry hiring (777 specifically) characterize whether they are slow to hire, hiring moderately, or are desperate? Is currentcy an issue since you will undoubtedly have to get their entire school. What does Emirates do for medical checks? Does the country do physicals or are they more like the U.S. system with medical doctor designees on the outside? Does a U.S. medical mean much outside of the U.S.?

fatbus
22nd Nov 2003, 15:54
The big push right now is for the Airbus, adding 8-9 340-300 above planned in the new year,this being the reason for direct entry capt.
The boeing seems to be holding it's head above water for now, no talk of direct entry.2005 is when the 777-300er's start to arrive at @ 2 month' I think the last number was 26 total.Rumour Has it they have not had very good response to the latest add for Airbus Capt's, being type rated is a help but not red'q. Still 10000 hrs and 3000 command on jet.
The medical done in house very standard.
The interveiw for direct entry same as FO's for the first 3 days than if found suitable 2 more days of Capt Loft sims and more Crm stuff.
Starting wage is level 1 Capt DOH for bidding

FastJetJock
24th Nov 2003, 19:53
Fat bus, could you add a little more detail? What is the starting salary and what is the salary structure? I read some months ago of some discontent at Qatar Airways. What is the situation now?

Thanks

jet4hire
25th Nov 2003, 01:54
We are working on training dates!
cheers:O

A300Man
27th Nov 2003, 18:40
It appears that the 346HGW that QR have on order will be replaced by 777-300ER. Apparently the Airbus order was only at option stage and not confirmed.