PDA

View Full Version : Printing from NAIPS for Windows Ver 3.3.0

Capt Claret
20th Nov 2003, 12:55
Is anyone else having trouble printing charts from the latest version of NAIPS?

In my case, regardless of whether I use my Laptop or any work PC, if trying to print more than one chart, instead of receiving multiple charts, I get multiple copies of the last selected chart! :mad: :yuk: :*

NAIPS Help desk can't help as they can't reproduce the problem!! :zzz:

QNIM
20th Nov 2003, 14:15
Gday
I can't get the bloody thing work at all have spent hours trying, should have stayed with the old one.
Cheers Q :(

Agent86
20th Nov 2003, 15:56
Clarrie,

Just tried it (forgot to check after our crewroom discussion)

Yep same thing as you

A work around...

Use the custom codes entry form (Briefing menu...last entry0

Type in ALL the codes for the charts you want.
These are listed in the chart listings,they are the 5 digits code inside the brackets.

Print the resulting briefing and ALL your charts will come out.

Let me know if it works for you

MAx

Grog Frog
20th Nov 2003, 18:42
Yep, same problem

Don't forget, this is part of the team that has tested and certified NAS

Good onya AirServices Aust (oxymoron):sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ash767
30th Nov 2003, 01:11
Sh!t, I installed Naips 3.30 today as well.

I had this sort of problem with my first lap top but with all documents. It was something to do with my Toshiba lap top and my cannon bj85 printer. One phone call to Toshiba and it was fixed. This new problem sounds like it is to do with Naips only.

I will have to print out a chart and see:\

Gee! we are given NAS and now we can not print charts properly, for crying out loud:uhoh:

Ash767

Sheep Guts
30th Nov 2003, 02:09
Instead of printing the page what about right clicking with the mouse on the Picture or chart and select print Capt Claret.

Sheep

omni
30th Nov 2003, 19:14
Just tried NAIPS 3.3.0 print of 3 charts only.

All ok. Charts: 81201,81202,81203.

Pressed "Display/Print all sessions" icon and printed ok on BJ3000 printer.

Capt Claret what products did you select to print ?

:confused:

Ash767
1st Dec 2003, 06:54
Capt Claret

I have just printed out the MSL chart 81200 and no problems I am pleased to announce - I will take back my statement about can not print charts properly but not the bit about NAS.

I suggest if the problem persists phone the printer manufacturer or your computer manufacturer.

Ash767:ok:

Agent86
1st Dec 2003, 10:06
The Problem that Claret and I have seen is
Select a chart...download OK
Select another ... download OK
etc
etc
Select "Display/Print all sessions" icon selct all sessions
Print

X copies of the LAST chart received is output to printer
:ugh:

Can anyone else duplicate this ??

My setup is win XPpro to a HP LJ4
Work setup WIn98 to HP LJ1100

I will try it again soon on another printer (epson)

Capt Claret
1st Dec 2003, 13:24
Agent86

Re your post of 20th November 2003 08:56 , yes using the custom codes input works, as all charts are downloaded as one briefing item, hence all print as one item.

ASH767

Printing one chart is not a problem, printing more than one is.

Sheep

Your suggestion will work, so will clicking the Print currently diaplayed Briefing icon.

Both are a method of working around a fault with NAIPS, a fault that didn't exist with the previous version.

Omni

Printing from a Toshiba Satellite 5220, XP Pro, to a Lexmark X5150; or at work, a HP running W98 to a HP 1100A printer.

Products vary but usually, A.M dep - 81231, 81232, 81220 & 81580. P.M dep - 81232, 81233, 81221, 81580.

All

As Agent 86 has pointed out, when downloading the required charts and selecting Display/Print all Briefing Sessions , all briefing data is selected but instead of the four required charts printing, which ever chart was downloaded last will print 4 times, or if I deselect one chart, the last selected chart will print 3 times, and so on.

A system that is less than 6 months old (Toshiba/Lexmark) shouldn't be running outdated drivers as has been suggested.

omni
1st Dec 2003, 19:13
Hi All,

Seem I may have found the issue in the chart (multiple) printing.

Tested 81231, 81232, 81220 & 81580.

Carried out the following.

1. Went to HELP, ABOUT, yep confirmed 3.3.0 Version.
2. Called up 4 charts (as per above) (used Briefing, Charts etc)
(did not use Hi-Resolution, i.e not ticked).
3. Printed 4 charts to BJC-3000 Canon (Used Display/Print Session ICON).

Printed 4 charts. :ok:

However, hi-resolution selection seems to be the issue !!....... Same result from other reports. :eek:

oops darn printer out of ink again... :uhoh:

Capt Claret
1st Dec 2003, 19:57
When you printed the charts without selecting Hi Res, did you get two pages per chart; one page with the header of the chart and the second with the chart itself?

This is what I get if I print low res charts.

omni
4th Dec 2003, 17:11
Hi Capt Claret,

one chart per page here on low resolution.
All ok.

omni