PDA

View Full Version : Interchangeable JAR Licences

MD900 Explorer
20th Nov 2003, 02:18
I just wanted to ask those of you who have UK JAR licences and have worked elsewhere in the JAR system.

The question is if there are any hassels working in any other JAR states, i.e. do you need to convert to that countries licence before you can work there (e.g UK to Germany). Obviously things like the Air Law would be slightly different from state to state, and if any extra exams or tests are necessary prior to working there?.

Any experience on the matter would be grateful :ok:

Regards

MD900 Explorer

Aesir
20th Nov 2003, 14:57
I have a JAA license issued in one Nordic country but work in another Nordic country. Generally JAA licenses are accepted between all the Nordic countries "no questions asked".

However a friend of mine applied at Bond and got a letter back that he need not apply unless he has a UK JAA license.
It seems very peculiar to me that an operator in the UK will not accept/consider for employement an individual with a JAA license since the UK is also member.

This is probably not a UK CAA requirement but rather the operators requirement!?

MD900 Explorer
21st Nov 2003, 19:46
AESIR

Thanks for your reply. It seems like the Nordic countries have some flexibility.(May have to go work there then?)

Why is there such a problem with JAR licence inter-changeability? I thought that since the JAR thing came in that it was possible to fly anywhere in the JAR states on any JAR licence. I can accept that each region has it's own different Met and Air law, but why such resistance?

MD900

WestWind1950
22nd Nov 2003, 12:42
Yes, the JAR-FCL is supposed to make flying in other JAA States easier.... European Harmonisation is was called once! But be careful, not all states have introduced ALL licences.... don't have the list with me, but I think France for example have the fixed wing JAR-FCL but not the helicopter.

Germany recognises, according to the rules, the private JAR-FCL (H) licence, though I would have to check about the commercial regulations. Sure, air law is a bit (quite?) different and not speaking German would be a big handycap. Best bet would be to ask directly at the various companies.... most have homepages, too.

http://www.dorrie.de/images/action-smiley-085.gif Westy