PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity!

Fat Ass
19th Nov 2003, 08:50
As a 24 year old pilot I'm really beginning to worry about my career in aviation. Why is it that every AUS pilot not involved with QF seems to take joy in bringing down the main line guys, really at the end of the day it's at your expense and to the detriment of the entire AUS industry!
I cannot believe that the Impulse guys would offer themselves at such low wages, I've heard arguments stating bean counters and management for the problems, but you've now royally *ucked yourselves!
At the end of the day what have you achieved by flying larger aircraft for the same money! NOTHING! Do you think you stand no chance of employment on something bigger without prostituting yourselves??
I just hope QF management offer a reasonable package, but now I can see no reason why they would!
Maybe the industry will bounce back when you *ickheads realize you can't survive on your salary and finally grow a back bone!
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Mr Nightmare
19th Nov 2003, 09:35
Well said!!

Its good to see that as a young pilot you demonstrate insight and intelligence.

I fear however that as you point out the occupation of airline pilot is quickly becoming a rather unattractive proposition.

I can tell you that the novelty of flying a big jet rapidly diminishes as you become older and maybe become a parent with a mortgage and bills etc etc.

Spending a large chunk of your time away from your family and sleeping in one hotel after another while you study throughout your working life just to keep your job so you can top out at $100 000 a year late in your career is simply pathetic.

Acknowledging that there exists a certain level of passion for the work by all who pursue it one must seriously stop and think about recent events however, because passion alone will not sustain you and your family.

Goodluck!

Chad's Funk Blaster
19th Nov 2003, 10:54
Fat Ass,

In what way has the IPG xxxxxed themselves? If you believe the rumor (which at this stage it is just that) then the pilots at Impulse have secured themselves the contract to crew over 20 new gen 737’s or A320’s. This will accelerate command upgrades for Impulse pilots and give them access to a far broader network of flying than previously available. Most importantly, it will give them a much more secure future enabling them to make solid plans – something that has been a sore point until now.

Do you really want to deny them the opportunity to make these gains?

Mr Nightmare,

If the novelty of flying a big jet diminishes, then I suggest you leave the industry. Your self-interested demand for more money thinly disguised as a moral stand to protect the “young pilot” is rather obvious.

The QF debate regarding the outsourcing of pilots is not new – it was a constant topic discussed in the cockpits of Ansett aircraft with reference to ANZ or worse – Freedom. The arguments put forth were the same. “How could you possibly survive on . . .”

Of course the argument was convenient to Ansett pilots then, as it is with QF pilots now, because the people so angrily against Freedom coincidently were the ones who would lose the most had ANZ used Freedom in Oz (something that would eventually have occurred).

These same people are now on the other side of the fence where the argument they once put forth so vehemently is now diametrically apposed to the set of circumstances they find themselves in.

Mr Nightmare, I suggest you would face exactly the same dilemma.

Oz_in_oz
20th Nov 2003, 05:34
Mr Nightmare: I am sure there are many people paid a lot less than you who would love to fly to other places, live in hotels, and be willing to study for $100K per year (even if it is later rather than sooner).

Do yourself a favour, and think about how some of the others in the world live!