PDA

View Full Version : Pilot - Direct route

G-MIDY
18th Nov 2003, 20:51
If i took the direct route by paying for my airline training would i need the same qualifications to enter into sponsorship. I am aiming for 5 GCSE's but i'm worried about the grade results. Also going to college i am aiming for 2 A levels in Physics and Maths but is all this required as a minimum to fly for the airlines using the direct route.
Thanks

moo
18th Nov 2003, 21:41
If you are going to pay for training yourself, then no, you don't need the 2 A levels that sponsorships generally require. You will need a good grounding though in Maths and Physics to GCSE level. The flight school you choose to train you may require you to sit their entrance aptitude tests to satisfy themselves that you aren't going to waste your money on training you aren't capable of receiving and understanding (usually these schools are the integrated schools). These tests aren't particularly difficult but it is wise to sit them. Alternatively sit the GAPAN tests - these are well documented in this forum. The GAPAN tests usually exempt you from having to sit a flying school entrance test.

hope that helps! :ok: