PDA

View Full Version : Charter from/near LHR / Filton

paulo
18th Nov 2003, 20:06
This is probably a non-starter, but is it at all practical to pick up from anywhere near Heathrow that's not airside?

e.g. Do any of the hotels have landing sites?

Kalif
18th Nov 2003, 22:10
Crown Plaza, just north.

ppheli
19th Nov 2003, 13:50
Both hotels by M4 J4 have regularly used pads, but the ones on the northern boundary by the A4 generally do not. Only exception I can think of was a contract run years ago by Air Hanson for DHL using JetRangers to ferry parcels in, and that used a grass area between the Ariel and Ibis hotels, although I have not checked out that site in ages and am not certain it would still be available (or even passable for singles these days...).

paulo
20th Nov 2003, 05:48
Are there any?

Filton is not taking any GA traffic on the 26th. Which is when (and why) we want to get there for a certain time from LHR (poss. departure landing site & charter company now identified).

I think we're now at the tether of the idea, but I'm posting just in case there's any last ditch options for us.

paulo
20th Nov 2003, 06:00
ppheli and Kalif,

Thanks very much for your replies.

It now looks like I've been concentrating on the wrong end of the route. Indication is that there are places (Holiday Inn, suggested by charter co) that the EGLL end is possible to do, but the Filton end (26th Nov) is proving impossible (no GA traffic accepted on that day).

In short, the idea was to see Concorde's final flight take off and land. It's due to do about 80-90 mins wheels up to touchdown out on the Bay of Biscay on a final supersonic blast.

There's some hardcore fans who'd pay a good chunk of dollars to have done it, but it's sounding like it's logistically impossible. Hey ho.

Bright-Ling
20th Nov 2003, 16:56
Paulo - you have a PM

B-L

paulo
21st Nov 2003, 04:25
ppheli - Do you know if any of those hotel sites can take singles, i.e. a Jet Ranger?