PDA

View Full Version : getting a job down south

shenman
18th Nov 2003, 18:24
Just wondering if anyone could tell me what my chances would be of getting a job down south rather than north.Im a low timer with 320tt mecir.Not sure on what my next move should be.Darwin?
I have had 2 mates go through air Ngkurr and both have done well.When would be the best time to go??etc..

Ang737
19th Nov 2003, 05:23
Mate with 320TT you will find it hard (impossible) down south to find work unless you nkow someone. Go north my friend go north...

Parablues
19th Nov 2003, 15:23
I wouldn't entirely "write off a career" down here in the south of Australia... If you get an instructor rating, you could approach a gentleman by the name of ..... :mad: ...... flying school who will be happy to employ you! Or else his mate will let you stroke the exhaust manifold of "his" C210 and tell you how 'great' he is... they will give you a job of doing scenics over the zoo. Whoopee! Maybe you'll get one once a month! Pretty exciting - dodging giraffes in an old clapped out Cessna. You won't get paid, either...

QNIM
19th Nov 2003, 17:19
Para
Are we on the same planet?
Q

flying_phonebox
20th Nov 2003, 07:34
"Mates go through ngukurr and do quite well"

Obviously you were referring to the abundance of hours and not the living conditions! Fourth world is a good way to describe the NT.

gary gearbox
22nd Nov 2003, 11:07
Whale air which operates from the nullarbor roadhouse/goolwa employs lowtimers. Also theres a bit of scenic work over the flinders rangers in S.A. from wilpena pound. Central air services also do flights over the flinders from rawnsly park. Getting a bit further north but still in SA wrights air operate out of william creek. If you want to stay way down south try tiger moth world.

good luck GG

Chocks Away
22nd Nov 2003, 11:40
Mate, get a friggin list of Aircraft operators in the state/Territory you are targeting and friggin phone them all up. There is no shortcut. This also will give you a feel for the current employment climate. You need the flying hours so do the work champ and something may fall in your lap...
Get onto it now because he who hesitates, masturbates!