PDA

View Full Version : RAAF and flat feet

dhoops01
18th Nov 2003, 18:12
Hi

Does anyone know if the RAAF allows in people with flat feet/fallen arches. I've never had any pain or problems with running and walking, but would I still be turned down for just having flat feet.

Thanks

Bad medicine
19th Nov 2003, 07:12
If they give you no problems, then it shouldn't be grounds for rejection. You will be required to do a fair bit of running, etc. Have you done this sort of exercise before with no problems?

dhoops01
19th Nov 2003, 08:44
I haven’t been doing a lot of running lately, but I’ve never had trouble before. I water ski/wakeboard and spend a lot of time on trampolines and that doesn’t give me any trouble. I haven’t played any sport that involves a lot of running for a couple of years though.

Time Out
21st Nov 2003, 23:00
dhoops01

My friend has flat feet, and was told during his RAAF medical that it would rule him out. He objected, explaining that they were not causing any problems. He had to show some dexterity by picking up a pencil between his toes or some such nonsense, but basically talked his way past the problem. Admittedly it was years ago, so not sure whether things would have changed.

By the way, he still has no problems with his feet!!

Good luck :ok:

griffinblack
22nd Nov 2003, 12:20
Bad medicine - lots of running? the RAAF?

Bad medicine
24th Nov 2003, 11:13
OK OK, you got me there. There is a bit in the officer training course and COMSURV though.