PDA

View Full Version : Op TELIC Medals

Hugh Been'ad
18th Nov 2003, 15:56
Does anybody know how the Op TELIC medals are progressing and what they are likely to be, what the criteria are etc? Is there going to be a distinction between the early campaign and the more regular Op that is going on now? (obviously "more regular" is not a distinction of less dangerous as by all accounts things are still a bit sporty out there).

nimrodcatcher
18th Nov 2003, 23:35
Rumour and counter-rumour abound mate........haven't heard anything sensible or remotely official.

Did hear that there would be three.......a generic campaign medal, a "phase 1" ie war-fighting medal and a "phase 2" ie immediate war aftermath up 'till about mid-June. This would mean, depending on your tour length, that some of us might receive three awards!! Seriously unlikely, if you ask me.

Caveat is, these are just rumours, nothing more. Haven't a clue what might pan-out. Could be worth asking a handy Rock.......

Will post here if any official gen comes my way.

Cheers,

NC

I_stood_in_the_door
18th Nov 2003, 23:53
probably missing under all the paperwork to organise the big bash to welcome home our boys (n girls)

isitd

Whipping Boy's SATCO
19th Nov 2003, 00:11
Don't hold your breath, Sierra Leone and Afghanistan OSMs took the best part of 2 years.

Hydraulic Palm Tree
19th Nov 2003, 01:24
Should be out in next few weeks according to my source!

HPT

Scud-U-Like
19th Nov 2003, 02:03
Hmm, this is starting to look suspiciously like another Mutley thread.

http://www.hotink.com/wacky/mfiles/medal01.gif

QuidProQuo
19th Nov 2003, 03:23
The TELIC medal should be out on the streets alot sooner than the Veritas medal. Firstly, there is more "political" drive behind it and secondly, the draft criteria for medal award were produced early on in the campaign - but still to be finally agreed. I think the Veritas medal criteria were left in the doldrums for a while.

We will have to wait on the criteria for a medal, but 21 days from the start of the war fighting phase seems to be a good rumour at the moment. As for May until now........who knows?