PDA

View Full Version : Multi Engine Time Requirements for Regional Airlines

Java
18th Nov 2003, 08:21
Greetings All

I have a question in regards to Multi Engine Requirements for regional airlines. When regionals say they want 500hr M/E, does that mean they will accept a combination of both VFR/IFR M/E time or only IFR time. And if it is only IFR how can they check?

Cheers

compressor stall
18th Nov 2003, 10:11
Some airlines want 500 incommand multi IFR.

A quick phone call to your previous employer on your resume would suffice to see if it was planned IFR or not.

A skilled HR person/interviewer would also look at the sort of twin flying it was.

IFR costs $$, and unless operationally necessary, then you probably don't go IFR.

If you were flying piston twins out of CNS all year, then there is a good chance that it was 90% IFR.

If you were flying twins on charter out of say Alice, then there is a good chance that you will 90% VFR.

Lie at your own peril. :}

Sheep Guts
18th Nov 2003, 19:56
CS,
I think youll find its 500 IFR plan not IMC which you seem to be implying. I think that is where youll be finding the main difference. Generally about, and CS is correct in this, 10% of your IFR plan is IMC in Oz because of our great conditions on the other hand places like Alaska, where CS is going, the percentage is alot higher.:ok:

I have around 250 IMC with nearly 3000 Multi so Im a bit short in some respects.

Sheep

compressor stall
19th Nov 2003, 08:47
G'Day Sheep,

No, I was mixing up the IMC IFR bit.

After you left across the pond, the airways charges went up. That meant operators like our old boss usually plan and fly VFR on any given day to save $$ (provided the wx is good). They sometimes take a punt, start VFR and change category enroute if destination wx is dodgy. Hence my comparison with CS and AS. A canny operator in touch with GA (like say Easterns) would look and get suss if 100% of your multi was IFR out of Alice. However same operator would know that most companies in CS operate IFR.

Of the IFR time, a usual average (in oz) around 10% of your multi IFR time as actual IMC. Mine is actually about 240 IMC with 2600 multi (of that around 2100 is planned IFR).

Yep, Sheep, I cannot wait to head there for 2 weeks skiing and a bit of flying thrown in!

CS

Fission
21st Nov 2003, 06:03
Jeez Stallie - you just be careful that I don't snaffle your job whilst you're away...:} (Leaving the GF behind too???)

Don't tell me - you're not on hols, just 'squeezed' a couple of weeks out of the system :ok:

Righo, back to my grindstone before the Guv'nor catches me out of my plane.....;)

_________
Free Beer..

My place on Sat after the Empire stuffs the convicts back into the 18th Century !!!

compressor stall
21st Nov 2003, 07:47
Hey Fission :ok:

Nah mate - annual leave and all of it! 6 weeks of overseas hedonistic pleasure! And I am not telling you if the GF is coming or not. (so to speak). :hmm: