PDA

View Full Version : Battersea Sold

rotorspeed
17th Nov 2003, 17:33
Just received a letter saying that as of today Harrods Aviation have sold the Battersea heliport. No mention of who the new owners are or of future intentions for the heliport. The spectre of residential/commercial development has been around for a while which would be a major blow to those of us who use it. Anyone heard anything?

BlackRat
17th Nov 2003, 21:15
Warned about this a while back. The new operator is Weston (Aviation) Limited a division of Weston Homes. They're making all the usual noises about improving the facilities etc, but we have all heard that before.

Happy Landing !
17th Nov 2003, 21:24
Yeah, Didn't Air Harrods say the same when they bought it? The main "Improvement" from thier point of view was the Landing fee's!

Air Harrods AOC has also been moved (to Patriot at Cranfield I believe)

cyclic_fondler
17th Nov 2003, 21:44
They've already got a web site up regarding regarding Battersea

http://www.weston-aviation.com/

Multy
18th Nov 2003, 04:15
Had a letter today from harrods informing us that they had sold Battersea Heliport - Does anyone know who has bought it?
Does this mean the end of helicopter operations in London?

Helinut
18th Nov 2003, 07:22
Multy,

have a look at the linked thread - London Heliport Sold!

ppheli
18th Nov 2003, 13:20
Happy Landing... whoever said Air Harrods had an AOC? I thought the CAA refused to issue one because the ultimate owner was not a British national, and they worked on Starspeed's AOC. Anyone confirm this is still the case?

And are Air Harrods scaling down a little now that the Egyptian Grocer (that's the Hamilton's name for him ;) ) announced he was going to live in Switzerland?? They reduced the fleet by selling the 76A+ to the US, leaving the 76B and the 109E. The EC135 was sold a year ago to a Mr Abramovich for the back of his boat!

Helipolarbear
19th Nov 2003, 13:50
Yep, I believe Air Harrods are operting under the AOC of Patriot Aviation for the reason you stated. The AH FOM, who adorns Flight Safety Adds at the moment is the FOM of Both. Someone getting paid somewhere....;)

Happy Landing !
19th Nov 2003, 15:19
ppheli...

I did'nt suggest that Air Harrods were operating an AOC. I said it had moved to Patriot.

Funny thing though....

I don't think Patriot has 109/76/135's on their JAR145 - Very odd:cool:

Pete O'Tewbe
20th Nov 2003, 14:29
What has types on JAR145 (a maintenance standard) got to do with types on an AOC (flight operations standard)? Just because they are operating under the AOC of Patriot, this does not automatically imply that they fall under them for maintenance aswell.