PDA

View Full Version : Multi-function printer / scanners.

Chaffers
18th Nov 2003, 04:00
Has anyone bought one of these recently tht they would recommend? I've seen the Dell A940 and Lexmark recommended with reservations about the cartridge price. Only looking to spend in the region of £100.

For the parents unfortunately so colour may well yet be the defining factor. :uhoh: :\

Front_Seat_Dreamer
18th Nov 2003, 04:39
Chaffers

Recently happened upon the HP psc 1205 (£105 at tesco.com) two different friends had bought it. One bought it because it says in the box that it is the smallest all in one available which says it all really

Not a bad it of kit for the £100 mark, the quality of the print is not as good as my 995c but then it isn't supposed to be a photo printer.

However as an all in one I was very pleasantly surprised.

As usual take the ppm numbers with a pinch of wet salt in your egg timer.

Background Noise
22nd Nov 2003, 01:27
I've recently got an Epson CX3200 all-in-one, mostly because I was very pleased with previous epson printer. It's not the smallest but pleasantly crafted. Epson carts are expensive but ebuyer (which is where I bought it for around £90) does compatibles for around £5 each - I've just received some but not tried yet.

Printer quality is great, software is good and best bit is that it works as a phot copier without the PC having to be on. Not the quietest, especially when doing rapid printing like text as the head rushes from side to side, but during fine photo printing it is fairly quiet. Overall pretty good.

cat 3a
22nd Nov 2003, 01:49
Last month I bought the HP 1210 all in one (pc world just under £100). Very please with the all in one set up

HP carts are very expensive but the printing quality I think is the best in the market for that value

The photocopy facility is very usefull

Overall good quality with nice features all round

hope it helps you