PDA

View Full Version : new 737-800 operation in Jakarta?

crisidebrian
18th Nov 2003, 03:19
I've heard that an existing airline (or maybe a new one) is likely to start flying the 737-800 from Jakarta (I think it's not Air Paradise). Anybody have any info regarding this?
Thanks!

PK-KAR
19th Nov 2003, 02:10
Well, Air Paradise' is a 4 month thing only with the pilots from Transavia NL. I've heard that Jatayu has filed for certification of 757s which I doubt will take off...

For NGs, the likely candidate in the short term is Batavia Air, they're due to open CGK-CAN direct in Dec. I doubt it'll be with a 170 seated 734... and they have a preference for new-ish aircraft unlike the other operators...

PK-KAR

crisidebrian
20th Nov 2003, 01:02
Thanks PK-KAR.
I've seen your registration in a Kartika's -200 a couple of times in the past. How is it going down in JKT?

PK-KAR
20th Nov 2003, 05:00
Kartika is as good as dead! One of the most mismanaged companies I've seen... even by local standards!

They lost out on their own operations and flew on behalf of Global Express Air and Celebes Air... Now Express has their own AoC and I hear Celebes is getting one soon or may already have theirs... so Kartika's own days are numbered!

PK-KAR