PDA

View Full Version : work in SE ASia

Tailwinds
17th Nov 2003, 22:02
Well, just arrived in SE Asia (Indonesia..Jakarta) with a handful of resumes and a lonely planet. Looking for any advice on work, places to stay, see, to do and even have beers with fellow colleagues that are in the area. I will be traveling to Singapore and then to Malaysia..I am current on the 737-200 and also have DC9 experience....

cheers

PIA747
18th Nov 2003, 01:22
Tailwinds:

Indonesia is the ideal place for a B737-200 driver. There are many airlines operating that type.

Bali Air
Air Fast Indonesia
Batavia
Bouraq
Jatayu Air
Merpati
RPX
Star Air

Also get in touch with 'freightdriver' he is a B737-200 driver in Indonesia.

Good Luck

PK-KAR
19th Nov 2003, 02:24
Hey! I'm in Jakarta :D
Gimme a call 0811 86 96 49
If you're MD82 rated you can go straight to Lion!
For foreigners, I think the choices are limited down to Jatayu, Batavia and perhaps Star and Bouraq.

PK-KAR

CAL New Breed
19th Nov 2003, 06:38
tailwinds
you can give us a try at CAL we have 737-800's and plenty of guys where employed who where 737 rated but on the 300. you can try all the best.

Tailwinds
20th Nov 2003, 00:42
Hey all,

just a quick update from the "road" for all them unemployed/furloughed/interested jet drivers out there. Talked to a couple of companies in CGK. Seems like they have a good pool of local pilots on the 737. Although if you have MD-83 experience, then Indonesia might be the place for you. It seems like Lion Air is expanding on the MD-83..

good luck to you all...

and once again thanks to PK-KAR and CAL NewBreed...will try CAL but I know a lot of mates with good jet time applying but nothing yet..

flyingcrazy
20th Nov 2003, 17:24
Tailwinds,

U are right, LionAir is expanding with their MD83s, but the wages is not good for expats. This company is good for those who is building hours. I would suggest you ValuAir in SIN (new start up) or Air Asia in Malaysia (B 737 operator), but I don't know their COS.
If you want to hang around JKT, try "CJ's" Bar, or "BATS" Bar. It's a nice n cool place, lots of expats there.
Good luck
:ok: