PDA

View Full Version : NAS simulation by ATC in simulator...It's a shocker

saltheart
17th Nov 2003, 17:44
I have just completed NAS stage 2b training in the ATC simulator at Brisbane. The area I deal with is approx. CG to CH (130.4/127.2/134.2) and the results are not encouraging. The major hot spots are over head CH tower and around Ballina/Tyagrah.
I found that issueing traffic to B737 and B767 aircraft about parachute operation in class E airspace not very comfortable. It couldn't be any better sitting in the cockpit.
On receipt of take off clearance at CH, the tower may issue you with VFR traffic that is in class E airspace above that may or may not be on freq, that we know nothing about and do not know the call sign of either.
I can only hope that the pilots meeting on the 24th of NOV decides that these airspace changes are dangerous and should not be implemented.

Watchdog
18th Nov 2003, 02:33
Saltash,

Thanks for the heads up. Lets hope it gets defeated before something diasterous happens.

In your CH scenario, I for one would not become airborne in the jet aircraft I fly, till the traffic was contacted etc so can you imagine how that would effect you trying to sequence arrivals, touch and gos etc....there's going to be go arounds, delays etc etc

:eek:

tobzalp
18th Nov 2003, 07:32
The TAAATS system is not designed to do any of this stuff. It was designed to be automated in every aspect. All of these new VFR on TOP Climb and Descent and IFR Pickup are full coordination between sectors so the idea of the system being silent is by default overridden. The americans use paper strips to record information on, we do not therefore the recording of essential coordination and traffic is not done the same once again demonstrating that we are not getting the US system.