PDA

View Full Version : Ok...

jayelleseven
17th Nov 2003, 14:14
I've gained much knowledge over what is involved in becoming a pilot, mainly an airline pilot. And I see that, I simply don't have the dedication it takes to chose it as my career. You guys are awesome, working so hard and sometimes for so little pay. I know it takes years of hard work and studying and gaining all those hours. Someday tho', i'll learn to fly, even if it won't be my profession...:ok:

p.savage
17th Nov 2003, 19:03
I think everyone will agree that it is good that you have seen this dedication lack and decided not to pursue a career as an airline pilot. There is a lot of money spent in training, and it wouldn't be great if you spent all that money and then decided you didn't like it, or got half way through the training and stopped.

However, a PPL for private flying is always an option, then perhaps if you feel you can dedicate yourself to training for an fATPL (or FAA equivalant) you can always go ahead. Just a note, I have just started and I am finding it very rewarding, just the training that is, and I don't know one pilot who doesn't love his job, regardless of the airline! (lets not start another thread!)

Cheers

Savage