PDA

View Full Version : Any Info On That New Heli Airline In Baltimore

Citationkid
17th Nov 2003, 06:32
There was supposivley a new heliline (what do you call a helicopter airline?) running service b/t the Marriot in Baltimore and NYC in S76s and, when they come out, S92s. Does any one have any more information on this. My dad's looking for a job when he retires from the Police and this is the kind of thing he's looking for.......

PPRUNE FAN#1
17th Nov 2003, 13:31
Heh. America Rising.

www.americarising.com

Their startup date keeps getting pushed back. Now they claim to be starting up in the Fall of 2004. It is about 180 miles Direct-To from downtown Washington D.C. to downtown NYC. Their prediction of 1:15 enroute seems a trifle optimistic to me, especially if they plan on going IFR (never any delays in the northeast corridor, are there guys?). Those ships are going to have to average better than 145 knots in a very straight line to make that work.

Then again, you can promise anything you like when you're not actually doing it yet.

RDRickster
17th Nov 2003, 20:27
Ya, they're based out of Tipton Field (Laurel, MD) about 2 blocks from the NSA. They have a Bell Long Ranger and two Sikorski's with a big hanger and not much else. They've been around for years, but you never see them flying. I don't know how they stay in business (except for their close proximity to NSA for government business - I don't know if they fly for them or not).