PDA

View Full Version : University Air Squadron

busz
17th Nov 2003, 04:35
Hey guys,

Just to let those guys who may have been following my progress (as well as those who havent), today i was accepted into the East Midlands University Air Squadron, so after training for my PPL in America this summer, i now get to repeat the whole process at RAF Cranwell. This will give me yet another perspective to flying and help me to stay current.
I had to pass a medical yesterday (ugh), and some aptitude tests, but i managed to get through from 400 applicants to the last 25. :O
All the guys at EMUAS seem to be really friendly and helpful, and as far as i can see, this has to be one of the best ways to learn to fly.

Oh, and its all free.

Regards

Alex

Reverb
18th Nov 2003, 05:58
Congratulations - not that I have been following your quest to fly - however, you have managed to join the No 1 UAS for training and possible entry into the RAF as a pilot. All aspects of EMUAS are second to none and beat- the-pants-off other UAS's.

Enjoy, forget your PPL stuff - you will now learn properly!

EMUAS Ex ( Twice ! );)

Slow-Rider
18th Nov 2003, 22:13
Well done!! EMUAS is the best as I'm glad Reverb pointed out.

PPL for EFT is useful early on but you'll soon be doing stuff you've not learned before. You'll also notice how much you don't know about the stuff you thought you already knew about!! (if that makes sense :confused: )

Reverb when did you leave?

SR

P.S see you at THQ drinks on you:E

witchdoctor
25th Nov 2003, 18:04
What these chaps are really trying to say is that EMUAS is the best UAS outside of the North East, and it is a pity that you won't get to learn in the mighty Bulldog.;)

Seriously though, it is a great place to learn to fly. The social life is great, the flying immense fun and you will get to do many things that you may not ever experience sticking to a PPL/CPL syllabus. I doubt you will ever regret your decision.

Enjoy, study hard and make the most of this opportunity.

Wee Weasley Welshman
25th Nov 2003, 20:55
EMUAS are alright in their own way. But as the essence of a superior UAS is the quality of their curry houses you will find that UBAS is the top drawer squadron. ;)

Well done - enjoy, work hard, take every opportunity, remember you are ALWAYS being assessed, be helpful to your coursemates rather than competitive, know your drills, lark around in the mess but never be the worst offender nor the most drunk.

Cheers

witchdoctor
26th Nov 2003, 16:19
Um, and if you are, don't get caught.:E