PDA

View Full Version : Nukes going adrift

tony draper
16th Nov 2003, 22:30
Just watched a facinating documentry on the History channel about accidents involving Nuclear weapons, I hadn't realised the cousins had lost so many..
The look on the faces of the crew of that B36 would have been interesting when they realised they had just dropped a 15 Megaton jobie just outside Alburqueqe.
Oh ****! :uhoh:

akula
21st Nov 2003, 01:21
Hah think thats mad check out
www.bellona.no
You would not believe what the russians loose.

steamchicken
21st Nov 2003, 21:10
You don't say....

The Northern Fleet service ship Amur also came to the assistance of K-192, and the radioactive contaminated coolant was transferred to Amur which had a treatment facility on board for liquid radioactive waste. On June 26, the crew of K-192 made an attempt to close the leak in the pipe from the cooling system, and in order to accomplish this, the supply of coolant from Amur was shut off. It is not known how long the coolant supply was shut off; however, the individual in charge of monitoring the coolant supply "forgot" to turn it on again when he left his post to go and eat dinner. This person later claimed that he had not in fact forgotten, but was waiting for orders to turn on the supply again. These orders did not come before dinner.[597]

Damn, isn't it annoying when you forget to turn the nuclear reactor coolant back on?

Gainesy
21st Nov 2003, 21:36
Solar or wind power is much safer, if a tad impractible for a sub.

Blacksheep
22nd Nov 2003, 12:30
I was at ground zero when we dropped a Yeller Sun in 1967. It didn't go off obviously or I wouldn't be writing this. The Chief Plumber was in it up to the eyebrows though. I loved hanging out with nuclear weapons - they were such an adrenelin rush kind of thing.

Through difficulties to the cinema