PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia openning operations in Thailand.

CFIT
16th Nov 2003, 17:53
Air Asia is soon to open operation in Thailand under the identity "Air Asia Aviation". The company is to be owned 51% by Shinawatr Corporation, which is owned by the family of the Thai Prime Minister. Does anyone has more info on this? Also, what is the current pay for the pilots for Air Asia in Malaysia? Perhaps it might be somewhat similar. Thanks.

Sultan Ismail
16th Nov 2003, 22:22
Don't forget guys,

you heard it here first: (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108517)

Sultan Ismail

FO Cokebottle
20th Nov 2003, 01:55
If Orient Thai has anything to do with it - Taksin will be loosing alot of money.

CFIT
20th Nov 2003, 08:25
Orient Thai got their own low cost, One to go, which operates B757's.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
1st Dec 2003, 09:58
The B757 is anything but low cost, the engines alone are expensive to operate let alone the support required from spares, rotables, consumables and part refurbishment.

ASK and RPPK balance would not be able to compete with the B737 NG's or classics.

221 seats EY against the 148 of the B733 does not defray the operational cost which includes the additional cabin crew. The non operational costs wold also increase proportionatly

Furthermore a company mixed fleet L1011, B747 and now B757 will escalate costs across the board, pilots, CCR, training, spares support engineers, administration etc.

Therefore in summary Orient Thai is not a serious player in the low fares market and their un-thought through reactionary business plan will fail.

Wooblah.

FO Cokebottle
1st Dec 2003, 23:20
They said said it before when Udom went to the L1011 - he survived.

They said it before when Udom went to the B747 (still maintaining the L1011) - he survived.

"Therefore in summary Orient Thai is not a serious player in the low fares market and their un-thought through reactionary business plan will fail."

How little people know!!!

Watch this space........

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
6th Dec 2003, 01:08
Hey Coke,

Did not mean to offend just looking at it from a low cost angle.

From the other posts the guys that work for OT all seem happy and paid up and I for 1 love a good body massage and the BKK lifestyle.

I wish OT success in their venture as the more airlines that are successful the more jobs and pay increases there will be for the boys in the sharp end.

Have no problems on 4.5usd in BKK the lifestyle would be great.

Wooblah.

Flame Out
8th Dec 2003, 13:32
In regards to Air Asia, don't count you eggs just yet boys. In aviation, seeing is beliving. It's nice to have someboy blows sunshine up your a*s and make you feel all warm and cozy but I wouldn't bet my job until I see the a/c on the ramp and flying. Don't care if I wasn't the first ten in seniority. Look at the recent past and let the dreamers beware. And I'd guarantee that the past will repeat itself yet again...

Thai Flying Services...747s...BKK-TEL...hmmm
Trained 15 guys, pretty uniform, nice artist rendition of the plane. No plane. No Deal. Pilots? - see ya, hope your old employer will take you back...

Angel Air...wet lease MAS 737s...wet lease Orient 1011s...wet lease China Southern A300s...
Trained 2 guy. Nice looking F/As. Beautiful office in a nice posh tower. Have no idea how to run an airline. Shot themselves in the foot. Pilots? - thanks but no thanks...

PB Air...Dry lease MD 11...BKK - AMS Charter...
8 guys went to Long Beach. 9-11... Come on home boys.
No A/C. MD11's no longer part of the business plan.
Pilots? - Back to your trusty F-28s. New hire pilots? - good luck...your name's on file.

Thai Pacific...747 Classics, no, 747-400s, yes, no, A310s, yes, no, get them all, yes
November has come and gone...
December deadline has past...
Pilots? - Go back to your old job if you can (6 recinded their resignation at Bangkok Air and got their jobs back, whew...)

Air Asia...737s??? A320???
Taksin???
Shin Corp???
Malays??
Can't wait to see the artist rendition of the airplane and logo.

I have many friends who were flying or employed with intent to fly with ALL the airlines mentioned above (except Air Asia). Those of you who know me I mean no offense and good luck to you all. If you think the grass is greener on the other side. Think again before leaping over the fence.

Don't let the nice paint fool you...
:ok:

thinkerbell
15th Dec 2003, 17:46
Folks...some commentary frm Fortune 500 !!

Shin Corporation Plc. forms a partnership with AirAsia Sdn Bhd to invest in a low fare airline business in Thailand with the establishment of AirAsia Aviation (AAA) in Thailand. The investment is aimed to develop the transportation infrastructure in Thailand, expand the domestic aviation market by providing another transportation alternative for the people of Thailand and ultimately contribute to the growth of the country's tourism industry which will, in turn, stimulate the country's economic growth.

Shin Corporation will purchase AAA common shares, in cash, at par value of Baht 10 apiece plus 2 million Baht pre-operating cost or a total of approximately Baht 200 million. Upon sealing the deal, AAA will operate a low fare airline service with Baht 400 million registered and paid-up capital. Shareholding structure after the transaction will be Shin holding not less than 50% of paid-up shares and AirAsia holding not more than 49% of paid-up shares.

"Shin has a policy to diversify its new investments out of telecom industry to high potential and high growth businesses. We have chosen the low cost airline business because of the great potential market in Thailand with a population of 63 million, and we aim to continuously grow the tourism industry and promote Thailand as the Southeast Asian Gateway. In addition, the low fares will provide many people in Thailand with the opportunity to travel by air transport with convenience service, affordability and time saving, which will constitute the development in economy and society nationwide." ~ Boonklee Plangsiri, Chairman of Executive Committee, Shin Corporation ~

" The historic partnership exemplifies the beginning of an Asean brand. AirAsia is excited because the deal is very significant in the name of the Asean spirit of economic cooperation and integration." ~ Tony Fernandes, Chief Executive Officer, AirAsia ~

AAA will commence its services in the beginning of next year (2004) with three Boeing 737-300. The initial routes include Bangkok, Chaing Mai, Phuket, Hat Yai, Kon Kaen and Nakornrachasima. The average fares offered for a single trip is normally 40-50% lower than other airlines e.g. for Bangkok to Chaing Mai the average fare will be not more than Baht 1,000 per trip.

This partnership is expected to strengthen Shin's future potential and growth and provide AirAsia will a platform to embark on its expansion plans and bring more low fares to the regional market.

Flame Out
20th Dec 2003, 00:31
Isn't there a confict of interest issue going on here??

Taksin, PM of Thailand
Shin Corp. Owned by Taksin
Air Asia Thailand, Owned by Shin Corp. (>50%)

Thai International (TG), subsidiary of Thai Government.

Air Asia vs. TG?

Taksin vs. Thai Government??

Somethings just don't jive here folks...:bored: