PDA

View Full Version : All Blacks Choke.

wessex19
16th Nov 2003, 05:13
Life Doesn't get any sweeter than watching an All Black Defeat. Us Aussies cop grief all year in Sydney by "our frunds frum Acruss thu duch". I would like a dollar for every time in the last few months I have heard " the kiwis are coming to get ya". There must be a god!!! What ya wanna be, I wanna be a wallaby!!!!

Good Mickey
16th Nov 2003, 20:46
Just watched England produce an awesome display to put away the much fancied French. What a mouth watering prospect to look forward to next Saturday, England v Australia... can't wait!

Capt Homesick
17th Nov 2003, 00:02
Just out of curiosity: what is this to do with military aviation?

I_stood_in_the_door
17th Nov 2003, 02:58
who cares! c'mon england!

my money is on jonny to kick the points, jono to lift the webb ellis cup and retire a happy man!

hurrah.

isitd

:ok:

Chaffers
18th Nov 2003, 09:47
And the pods to whinge, moan and bitch for the rest of eternity. :ok:

reynoldsno1
18th Nov 2003, 09:55
How did the Invasion of the Bodysnatchers reference get in here?....

BEagle
18th Nov 2003, 14:09
What has any of this to do with this forum?

Brain Potter
18th Nov 2003, 16:19
I heard that Jonny Wilkinson likes the AIrbus tanker, whilst Martin Johnson prefers the Boeing.

Cue BEagle....

OBNO
18th Nov 2003, 16:31
England v France semi must have been one of the most boring games of rugby I have seen.

CrabInCab
18th Nov 2003, 17:11
OBNO or should that be NOB O, it's called adapting your game plan to the conditions!

:zzz:

Grimweasel
18th Nov 2003, 17:18
well imagine that!

changing your tactics to suit the conditions? no doubt the aussies will call it cheating, bloody poms!

i'm with you crab - c'mon england!

BEagle, are you a kiss baller or an egg chucker yourself?

isitd

:}

Jackonicko
18th Nov 2003, 17:19
What are 'Pods' and why will they whinge?

Ironic that Australians (with their incessant whining on and chip-on-the-shoulder attitude) should accuse anyone else of whingeing....

FEBA
18th Nov 2003, 17:24
OBNO
You're right. It didn't hold a candle to the last Cook Cup match (recently) when Australia took a sound drubbing from England. Now that was a match. :ok:
As for the relationship of this thread to this forum
Lt Josh Lewsey is a serving Army Officer (Mat Roger's best mate)
F/Lt Underwood is advising the team
Col M Johnson (A330 tanker advocate) is leading it
The Royal Navy has already sent the Aussies a strong warning by ramming their island with HMS Nottingham.
Tenuous links I know, but links none the less ;)
FEBA

BEagle
18th Nov 2003, 17:55
Hmm, OK then.

But I'm most certainly not a kiss-ball kevball fan. Round balls are reserved for cricket (though England probably don't know that); footballs have pointed ends!

FEBA
18th Nov 2003, 18:32
BEagle
Round balls are reserved for cricket

And croquet old boy!

FEBA

BEagle
18th Nov 2003, 18:44
But of course!

I_stood_in_the_door
19th Nov 2003, 00:00
..........and 1st officer underwood (the other one)is flying them home in his eay jet. after winning superstars!

england by 15points, anyone?

as to the other whineing southern hemisphere chap who says that a drop goal should not be worth 3 points - who remembersyou if you come 3rd or 4th?

sorry to be negative, but i think mr lewsey handed in the queens commission, chaps.

:}

isitd

smartman
19th Nov 2003, 02:36
On the pretext of Typhoon duty I had to endure that enormous drubbing (1999?) in the Suncorp Stadium when JW was but a nonentity. With (then BAe) unlimited dollar vouchers, I confidently booked the VIP box mit several F-111 guests from dusty Amberley. My abiding (multi-VB assisted or other Q'Land brew) memory is of F-111 Nav telling me , 'No worries Mxx, you were in our 'arf once, -- when you kicked 'orf'. Bastard. And now we're going to make up. What was you called?

Anf if rugby ain't nothin' to do with mil-aircrew, stick to soccer --

FEBA
19th Nov 2003, 03:01
I blocked the Door
i think mr lewsey handed in the queens commission

May be, but once in your never out.

FEBA

TheNightOwl
19th Nov 2003, 08:27
As an original rugby-playing Scot who has lived here for twenty-odd years, I have a foot in both camps. I will barrack for neither team, but have a sneaky hope that England will get up and take the trophy while I imbibe a few of the amber nectars as I watch it on wide-screen! No, the France match was not a greatly edifying spectacle, in Rugby terms, but this Saturday evening has the potential for a match of truly epic proportions, I only hope each team plays the way each can, as well as taking a lesson from the French in how NOT to play.

smartman, you disappoint me, VB is a Victorian brew, not to be confused with that awful rubbish from north of two borders. Truth to tell, my Heaven would be complete were I able to sit and watch the game with a DECENT beer in hand!

Kind regards, and best wishes to both camps,

TheNightOwl.:ok:

Captain Sand Dune
19th Nov 2003, 12:59
A DECENT beer............obviously you mean Emu Export!:}

BlueWolf
19th Nov 2003, 13:54
OK, I'll bite.

Australia played well. Very well. On the day, NZ were quite simply outclassed and outplayed by a better team. It doesn't get much more basic than that.

For more years than I care to remember, New Zealand have crested the heights of international rugby competition on the back of some fairly tenuous approaches.

For many seasons, it was the goal kicking of Grant Fox which got us through; on many occasions before that, it was the goal kicking of Alan Hewson.

New Zealand's success in the last couple of decades has been largely due to the individual brilliance of a small number of players, coupled with the unfortunate or unnecessary mistakes of a larger number of players from opposing teams.

Our attack has been weak and poorly co-ordinated, our defence skimpy and unresponsive, and our game plans obvious, inflexible and easily countered.

We have made poor coaching choices because of politics and ego, poor selection choices because of religion and race (brown and Catholic counts for a great deal), and poor captaincy choices because of PR concerns.

We have failed to sufficiently resource the national game in the era of professionalism, with the result that many fine players have departed these shores for greener pastures.

The end result of all these bad decisions is that New Zealand is on the road to international rugby mediocrity, which will bother no-one other than New Zealanders, and that for no reason other than that our insular, secular, pastoral society has precious little else upon which to base a national culture, or at least little else which has yet been afforded any degree of national importance.

I take my hat off to the Aussies; they played well and deserved the win. Same goes for England. It should be a brilliant final: two fired-up teams with everything to prove and a lot to lose, two physically powerful, technically proficient teams, two old rivals. Rugby will be the winner whatever the result.

teeteringhead
19th Nov 2003, 17:25
.... and IIRC Clive Woodward's dad used to be a Chipmunk QFI ... and obviously something else before that ....

tarbaby
20th Nov 2003, 04:47
I support 2 teams - the All Blacks and any team playing against Oz. Hell!! Now I have to support the Poms!!

TheNightOwl
20th Nov 2003, 12:05
BlueWolf - at least two of us will be watching for the enjoyment of the game, not the unedifying spectacle that the local press would have us believe may be the progress of the match.
I despise the jingoistic, bombastic attitude of most Aussies toward sport at which we excel, the "win at any cost against theAB/Poms/everyone" mentality can remove any enjoyment of the technicalities of the game. Good on you, sunshine!

May the better team win, of whichever nationality!

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.:ok:

CoodaShooda
20th Nov 2003, 12:40
I despise the jingoistic, bombastic attitude of most Aussies toward sport at which we excel, the "win at any cost against theAB/Poms/everyone" mentality can remove any enjoyment of the technicalities of the game.

Night Owl
Agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment but not with your use of the term 'most'.
We have a sizeable number of bogons certainly; usually found hanging around one day cricket matches and the like.
Enough to attract the media's attention but by no means representative of most Australians that I know.

(In fact a quick survey of the last two 'Australians' to post here finds a 100% positive attitude towards the sporting achievements of all nations :} )

Personally, I know bugga all about rugby other than from what I've gleaned from too many years in front of the TV...but I'll be enjoying the contest on Saturday, regardless of the outcome.

(And good luck to the Kiwis tonight.)

Boy_From_Brazil
20th Nov 2003, 20:18
For the first time ever, I supported the All-Blacks this morning. What a great game, I really enjoyed seeing them slaughter the Frogs. They played some magical rugby.

Now its Englands turn to mangle the Aussies.

BFB

FEBA
20th Nov 2003, 23:03
England Expects
http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/rn/data/gallery/thumb/1012386943t.jpg

smartman
21st Nov 2003, 03:05
Night Owl

Sorry to mislead old chap - I was a devotee of VB in Canberra (I know!) for 4 years. The QL stuff is indeed crxp by comparison. As are some of the South Oz beer offerings (not wine of course).

Twill be the Poms' time tomorrow - and Boddies will be my comfort on the day. Enjoy your discomfort.

(And who cares, on this grand occasion, if we're bxggxxing up Prune conventions!)

Wish I could be in the Rocks -------------

Flatus Veteranus
21st Nov 2003, 04:08
Anyone who was really bored by the England/France match must be a cold fish. It was brutal, ferocious and redolent of the 100 Years' War!

Why cannot English rugby fans pick a chorus with a bit more punch than "Swing Low..." In view of my well-known admiration for the Senior Service, I suggest "Heart of Oak" - and give it some Welly!

I bought (in Scotland!) a baseball cap with St Georges Cross badge. I shall wear in front of the TV on Saturday. :O

BEagle
21st Nov 2003, 04:31
I trust that you won't wear it backwards like Kevin the Teenager!

Flatus Veteranus
21st Nov 2003, 19:51
Only when I'm likely to bump into my (very large) Kiwi neighbour.

BEagle
22nd Nov 2003, 18:29
WHAT A RESULT!!

Jackonicko
22nd Nov 2003, 18:38
Yes, nice to see the World Cup coming back FROM the Southern hemisphere.

I suppose it wouldn't be British to celebrate the Wallabies being destroyed on their home turf, despite having 16 men on the pitch and despite all the dirty tricks and all the whining beforehand.

Well done chaps!

Shouldn't the thread be 'Wallabies choke!' now?

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
22nd Nov 2003, 18:57
Yes, wrap this thread, new one started, post again Jacko

wessex19
23rd Nov 2003, 11:07
Wallabies didn't choke, just beaten by a better team on the bell in extra time!!!