PDA

View Full Version : What to do, FI or turboprop?????

Jannik23
15th Nov 2003, 22:09
Hi

I just finished my ATPL writtens and is about to do some hourbuilding. After my CPL and dont know what to do and hope you guys and girls can help me.

I can do the FI(R) and get a job as an instructor paying 6000$ the course and get maybe 500 SE hours in 6 months OR I can byt 250 hours Kingair time with eaglejet for about 13.000$ what would be the best option?????
Aiming to get a job of course, how would the airlines look at it applying with 700 SE PIC hours OR 250 turboprop + 250 SE hours???

Jannik

canopy_gone
16th Nov 2003, 11:42
what kind of king air time c-90 or 200?

As both are single pilot aircraft that time will not count toward your 500 multi crew time for your ATPL.

You must have an IR to do that course and be current if you were not already aware.

Also a FI(R) is a very handy qualifcation to have (possibly can help you in the future in an airline check and training situation). Thats fairly biased as I come from a instructing background, main benefits is you can get a lot of TT (S/E i know) but in a very short time frame, also a I/R does alot for your own development and job prospects.

M.85
16th Nov 2003, 21:49
Jannik,

Go for the FI!! no doubt its the best solution..
Youll find a job on King Airs or other A/Cs with work connections..and if the business doesnt pick up in the future youll always find a job instructing to keep flying and current.
If you go for the king air,you may not be able to continue to fly it as others who paid like you may take your seat and youll be out of a job..
The king air may seem the easier way but wont pay out if everthing goes to hell.

Good luck,

M.85

Jannik23
16th Nov 2003, 21:51
Hi

Its flown on a King Air 90/100/200 dont know which yet, just playing with the idea, but its flown 50% PIC and 50% SIC

check out www.eaglejet.net

this is the program I was thinking of:

250 $13,400 First Officer Experience, Airline Training and Line Check

the requirements are FAA CPL/ME/IR

And as I understand it, you fly cargo or passengers with a captain, so it gives you airline experience too.

But is it a better way to get valuable hours or should I go the FI way???
As I see it the 250 hours costs only 7000$ more than the FI(R) .

Jannik

M.85
16th Nov 2003, 22:12
Yannik,

Having flown the be1900 and metro3 single pilot in the states,i am telling you SIC on King airs are not enough to balance an FI job for european airlines....

M.85