PDA

View Full Version : What's the story in the Sunshine state?

Dash Man
15th Nov 2003, 20:57
A story going around is that our friendly helpers from the government are crawling with intent all over a Sunshine Coast regional airline at the moment. Would this have anything to do with the airline pioneering an Avtur/Methanol mix for its Metros?

For those technical types out there who know a bit about Metros; what would actually happen if you went for water injection and it was actually Avtur?

Torres
16th Nov 2003, 05:33
Instantly interesting? :ugh:

Kanga767
16th Nov 2003, 06:04
yes, that would cause rising excitement..

Torres
16th Nov 2003, 08:09
Not to mention pre heat in the compressors.... :hmm:

tightcannon
16th Nov 2003, 09:58
Dash man how about trhe pilot involved

I hear that the tank had been scrubbed and that it was the engineer who thought it may have been contaminated from a POSSIBLE bad batch of methanol.

"Hey boys see this pen this is the pen that brought down flightwest"

"I dont feel like flying lets see what I can write up"

Boo hoo there is a thunderstorm within 150nm of TNG and I am scared lets write the radar up so we have to send the shed crew instead.

there seem to be two sorts of pilots in this company those who want it to work and those who want it all to fail.

if you dont like fling the metro's then be a man and resign, dont try and manipluate to get a payout.

Several of these pilots are hated in the aviation comunity and there is another thread detailing the whole lot right here on pprune.

I hear that one of the old CP's is back and knows the whole truth. So watch the fireworks.
Yes we all know managment is a bit odd at times but heck guys it gaives a lot of blokes a job

Lets wait for the court case and not try an haver another 30 people out of work.

23 Metros In a Row
25th Nov 2003, 20:53
Fish always rot from the head

Ace on Base
25th Nov 2003, 21:19
when did the old CP get back, has he replaced the current CP (the one that was there for the last however long)?

Yes Torres, Instantly interestED, sorry Interesting!:)

ISHIHARA
27th Nov 2003, 06:25
Generally when you have pilots you want to put on don't you try to find out their past through people that may know of them???
Surely in aviations small world he would have been known?
They put these people on let them eat cake.......................

Pass up the good ones at your own peril!