PDA

View Full Version : LET 410 type rating

Speevy
15th Nov 2003, 19:22
Hi guys I really need some help here.

I hold Italian and FAA CPL/IR (neither of them are JAA FCL as you probably already know) with 1000tt hrs 100 hrs multi.
I got a job offer but I was told that before doing the validation to SA license I need to do the type rating and having my license endorsed.
Fine for me, but that's when trouble started!
First I called up my wonderfull and very efficient CAA (ENAC for friends) and explained the situation, they said a bunch of stuff I couldn't understand:

a) If I send them a special request I will obtain a JAA license so the TRO in Check republic I contacted could endorse my license. This is quite strange since we are not approved yet by the mutual agreement!

b)You need an atpl to do the course. This is something I couldn't find anywhere!!!! JARs say that for a multipilot type rating the requirement are: 100 hrs pic, valid multi and IR rating and MCC.

Then it also say that as a commercial pilot I can act as a copilot in air transport operation!
Have you heard anything like that????

My big question is do you have any info about what is needed to do to have a type rating on your license if this license is ICAO and if there are not TRO in your country???

Please let me know also if you had some experience related to this subject and if you know for sure what are the requirement to start a type rating course!

Thanks Speevy

Good luck and good flying to all of you

juventus
15th Nov 2003, 22:11
You have to do what EnAC told you.

Gabriele
16th Nov 2003, 03:37
Dear speevy.
Actually this is true.
ENAC (the worst sickest ****tiest CAA in the world) really wants the ATPl test. it is total **** since basically they don't allow you to train for multicrew aircraft without this 12 exams 650 hours approced **** called ATPl. Why ENAc is taking it so seriously I don't know.
As much as they are not yet JAA compliant they will release you a JAA compliant license if you prove that you have to train abroad on Multicrew plane. (provided you pass the week long f(***)ATPL exam. Wow how serious Enac and the whole jaa system is uh?.
Anyway my advice is: if you can stay away from ENAc and find another way to reach your goals. Beware ENac with all your means.
Bye and happy landings. feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Speevy
18th Nov 2003, 02:43
Hi guys thank for the replays.
Bye checking directly with the jaa I found out Enac for once is right. You do need an ATPL ground passed before attempting a multi crew type rating.
If everything goes as planned I will be finished by the end of Jannuar (I am doing the groundschool in Oxford and I already passed 8 exams out of 14) I just hope Enac will recognize this course!
You never know, they can come up with some stange thing and this would be a big pain because in that case I would have to convert my italian CPL to the English JAA one for a total of 15000 euro, no bad ah!!!!!
Ok anyway thanks again and I hope I will find a solution.

Speevy

Mascalzone78
19th Nov 2003, 04:06
Be carefull
Hi my dear friend
Be carefull because Italy is not yet a JAA member state infact we will know if our beutifull country will be accepted only on january 23 when the jaa inspectors will come to Rome to let us know.
In the mean time to convert your licence you have to do what the ENAC told you but in a JAA member state (SPAIN, Switzerland, United Kingdom, France, Belgium) a true one. My suggestion is to contact european flight training in Florida that is an english FTO but in florida and I'm sure they can help you. Anyway I'm sorry but you get to study really hard, here the ATPL theorical is somenthing very difficult.
HAVE FUN MY FRIEND
CIAO

Speevy
20th Nov 2003, 00:06
Thanks Mascalzone,
anyway I already passed the first 8s in june through OXFORD AVIATION TRAINING and I am getting ready for the last 6.

You are right, the Atpl it's tough but if you are commited to smothing there is no reason why you shouldn't pass.
For the flight training in England (the only civilized country I tried after U.S.) is 15 hrs for IR and no requirememnt for CPL, just about 10000 euro, just what I needed and saved for the type rating!!!!

It's umbelivable how complicated is to do what we love!!!

Anyway good luck to everybody and if I have some news from Enac I will share them with you!!!
Speevy

Henry VIII
21st Nov 2003, 05:25
Due miei conoscenti hanno ricevuto da ENAC la licenza PPL Jar Fcl "in via del tutto eccezionale" perche' gli serviva per volare su un aereo svizzero di loro proprieta'.

Gli svizzeri gli hanno fatto una bella risata in faccia e gli hanno detto che per loro e' carta straccia non essendo l'Italia, come sappiamo tutti, a full member.

Ad oggi, purtroppo, le licenze Jar emesse da Enac sono solo dei bei pezzi di carta colorata da mettere in cornice nel salotto della nonna.

Ciao
Henry

planetblu
21st Nov 2003, 15:03
Ad oggi, purtroppo, le licenze Jar emesse da Enac sono solo dei bei pezzi di carta colorata da mettere in cornice nel salotto della nonna.

Questa forse mi sembra la cosa più ovvia!!!
Come sarebbe possibile che uno stato emetta licenze in via del tutto eccezionale per casi particolari?

C'è forse una lista di casi previsti, autorizzati o concordati con JAA, perchè l'enac emetta licenze JAR?

Anche in questo caso la genialità italiana non ha confini, per fortuna che ci pensano gli stranieri a farci tornare con i piedi per terra. Peccato che non riusciamo mai a recuperare posizioni e ci troviamo sempre ad arrancare.
Ho appena avuto modo di vedere una licenza atpl emessa di recente dall'enac. Senza foto ed un insignificante pezzetto di carta pieghevole che se non erro risponde a tutti i requisiti ICAO.

Ma in questo momento che cos'è che concretamente blocca la certificazione italiana secondo le norme jar???:confused:

Mascalzone78
21st Nov 2003, 22:18
Good stuff Speevy I did all my training for ATPL theory and CPLat Oxford the are really good but a bit expansive, for my IR I did it at Professional Air training in Bournemouth the are really good to and cheaper than Oxford with one of the highest percentage of pass at the first attempt (you know in Italy in 20 minutes they do cpl and IR test UNBELIVEBLE!!! :\ :uhoh: :E :D :{ ).
GOOD LUCK

Per chi chiedeve riguardo la ragione per cui l'Italia ha problemi con le JAR vi scrivo la mail di risposta mandatami dalla divisione licenze delle JAA in olanda:

Dear Mr XXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail dated 18 November 2003. Referring to your query
I would like to inform you that Italy is a full member of the JAA, but is
not yet recommended for mutual recognition.

Dagli ultimi contatti avuti so che il team di ispettori che deovrebbe dare il mutual recognition all'Italia è atteso per la fine del mese a Roma, però non so se è vero se qualcuno ha notizie più precise mi farebbe piacere saperne di più.
Ciao A tutti

Henry VIII
22nd Nov 2003, 04:31
Dalle solite voci di radio cockpit ricevo che uno degli scogli maggiori risieda nel fatto che le Jar Fcl 3 (Medical) prevedono che l'ente che emette la certificazione medica sia sotto il controllo dell'ente che emette la licenza di volo.
Da noi si tratterebbe di mettere gli istituti medici AMI sotto il controllo di Enac.
Da qui la lotta di potere per mettersi d'accordo ed il relativo ritardo.

Planetblu
Non ci sono elenchi di situazioni previste per avere la Fcl, ma sai come funziona da noi...
Iniziarono a rilasciarle ai TRE TRI AZ, poi a quelli di altre compagnie, poi a coloro che ne fanno richiesta per motivi che, a loro personale parere, sono giustificabili.
Le licenze icao emesse attualmente sono identiche a quelle Jar Fcl, cambia solo la scritta.

Devo pero' spezzare una lancia a favore del ns. Enac.
Dovendo aggiungere una abilitazione alla mia licenza icao, in pochi minuti hanno richiamato la mia pratica sul terminale, inserito la modifica, stampato la nuova licenza e ritirato la vecchia.
In tempo reale da qualsiasi DCA si poteva vedere la variazione apportata.

Rispetto a prima, quando occorrevano timbri e controtimbri e' gia' un passo avanti.

Ciao
Henry

planetblu
22nd Nov 2003, 18:23
Devo pero' spezzare una lancia a favore del ns. Enac.
Dovendo aggiungere una abilitazione alla mia licenza icao, in pochi minuti hanno richiamato la mia pratica sul terminale, inserito la modifica, stampato la nuova licenza e ritirato la vecchia.

Henry VIII
Certo che può sembrare una bella conquista visto la situazione passata, però non darei troppo risalto allo sforzo fatto visto che è il minimo richiesto per non considerare l'enac completamente allo sbando. OK comunque anch'io mi associo al tuo compiacimento;)

Noi italiani abbiamo la qualità di rendere preziosa qualsiasi attività. Giustamente se in una struttura pubblica automatizziamo i sistemi e le procedure che prima richiedevano l'intervento umano, tutta l'importanza e la preziosità di timbri, bolli, ricerche in archivi cartacei ecc. decade.
Il mio punto è che comunque le persone che lavorano in queste strutture potrebbero ottenere maggiore soddisfazione sapendo di dare un servizio per cui la maggior parte degli utenti sono soddisfatti. Ma ciò è molto difficile che avvenga. Sembra che il potere di fare il bello ed il cattivo tempo o di mantenere piccole nicchie di potere su sciocchezze dia maggiori soddisfazioni.

Forse l'Europa con le sue imposizioni ci ha aiutato e ci aiuterà a migliorare le cose, considerando che è poi ogni singolo, con il suo comportamento che fa cambiare il sistema. E questo vale anche per noi piloti!:ok:

taralluccio
23rd Nov 2003, 17:11

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :ooh: :ooh: :ooh: :ooh: :ooh:grande enac! vai cosi' che ce la fai!!!!