LPL 1130 - 1215 LPL Fam Flt.
LPL 1300 - 1400 BFS Posn.
BFS 1445 - 1600 BFS Fam Flt.
BFS 1645 - 1755 LTN Posn.

Night Stop 29 11 03 LPL 30 11 03 LTN

Fam = Familiarisation flight for easy staff and partner company employees

dada
16th Nov 2003, 20:42
is this to promote the fact that their fares are more expensive than ryanair?

Kestrel_909
17th Nov 2003, 03:04
Thanks for that info. Buster.

Fam Flight - is it going to do a flight just to show off the aircraft then back to the airport, or do touch and goes?

Ta

In trim
17th Nov 2003, 03:54
It's part of a series of "Airbus family fundays" with 'kids parties' arranged at the airports, and a series of flights for staff / families etc.

Lite
17th Nov 2003, 04:22
I am not an employee of EasyJet, however is it possible to express an interest in going to one of these A319 familiarisation "parties"?

I would love to be able to come down and have a look around at EMA!

Can anyone tell me how it is possible to express an interesT?

Whippersnapper
17th Nov 2003, 05:08
It's a way for them to spend more money after blowing close to 25m on DBA and making record losses last winter, with probably worse to come this winter.:rolleyes:

Loftie
17th Nov 2003, 05:20
Sure it's only a baby 319 and not an early release 380?

kriskross
17th Nov 2003, 17:07
Company personnel and families only, I'm afraid - lite.

ALLMCC
17th Nov 2003, 19:10
This ridiculous nonsense could only happen with an outfit like Easyjet! - anyone would think they were the first operators of the A319!

In trim
18th Nov 2003, 02:41
ALLMCC

Why so negative? The tour and parties have been very well received. They may not change the world overnight, but certainly seem to have helped in getting some of the staff a bit more upbeat about the company after what has inevitably been a tough year with the integration, etc.

All in all a pretty good morale boost, and for those "office staff" who rarely get to actually get to see an aircraft, very positive. This website is mainly populated by people who get to "play with aircraft" every day, but every now and then it doesn't do any harm to demonstrate them to the "wider masses".

In trim.

eastern wiseguy
18th Nov 2003, 06:10
The guy is ALWAYS negative about Easy/Belfast International.Just a sad sod who needs to get out more!

Scottie
18th Nov 2003, 06:21
Whippersnapper, close to £25m? where do you get your info from? :rolleyes:

Anyway whatever money was spent wasn;t wasted as I'm sure the insight DBa gave them into the German market was valuable and is being put to good use with the new base at Schonefeld :ok: :ok: :ok:

Record losses? Define please? Last winter saw the integration of go which cost a sizeable sum. Summer results should be out and are expected to be excellent :ok: :ok:

Please continue to post drivel as it helps me unwind after my late shift :E :ok:

Tower Ranger
18th Nov 2003, 16:10
Well Eastern I`ve got my name down for a seat I hope you are going to come along and show us some of that good`ol country hospitality !!
P.S. I realise it`s a bit out of town ,is it well sign posted?

ALLMCC
18th Nov 2003, 19:55
EASTERN WISEGUY

I get out plenty believe me - the only place I never go near is - yes you're right BFS - lets face it, its difficult to find anything positive to say about what is probably the most boring excuse for an airport I have ever had the misfortune to visit - maybe if its illustrious owners were to put their hands in their pockets and build a new terminal building, demolish the current 40 year old antiquity instead of adding bits on here and there and resurface the runways, it might be just about presentable! As it is, it is a total embarassment and a sad first sight for visitors to N Ireland.

Funny how BHD's owners Ferrovial, who you have frequently mocked, are prepared to spend money where it is needed - but then maybe they have more than TBI!

glynn-kayes
18th Nov 2003, 20:27
SO then ALLMCC,how do you know what the terminal at BFS looks like if you never go near it.I think that you have just contradicted yourself.................................................... .......

Uncle Monty
18th Nov 2003, 21:09
Quote from OCT 9 posting by ALLMCC regarding ezy / BFS and the prospects of the company turning a profit in the current financial year.

---------

"All i am saying (in laymans terms) is that to go from a £48m loss to a £50m profit in less than 12 months will require nothing short of a miracle! If you add reducing load factors ( by EJ's own admission), increasing fuel costs, increasing competition from other locos (particularly a certain Irish based concern) then it seems even more like a pipedream.

"Adding additional rotations to routes out of BFS will simply result in more aircraft with more empty seats and lower load factors. it simply doesn't add up! Air travel in/out of N Ireland doesn't revolve around EJ. There are other operators such as BA, BMI & Flybe who have served the province for years & long before Easyjet was even thought of. I suspect they will still be there after Easyjet is consigned to the annals of history."

---------

EZY's FULL YEAR FIGURES - RELEASED TODAY - SHOW IT TO TO BE A HIGHLY PROFITABLE COMPANY. £52 million pre-tax profit. Given the exceptional nature of the first-half the airline looks well set to go on to bigger and better things in the years ahead. The annals of history will have to wait a while

HZ123
18th Nov 2003, 21:54
Buster

Saw over the wekend that TBI were contemplating taking the issue of the 'new runway' plus the exclusion of LTN from the future airport / airline plan. What has been said locally about this as clearly extension at LTN in addition to the present will lead to many opportunitys

eastern wiseguy
19th Nov 2003, 00:03
Hi Tower....signposted?? just follow the constant stream of ORANGE tails in and you will be fine.(Jet Noise...sound of us making a profit!!)

ALLMCC
I have been involved in this game a lot longer than you.Things change...ask my good buddy Tower what Ferrovial are prepared to do to increase their profits.Be assured though that the future is low cost.....an example(fares correct as of 2200 17th nov expedia.com)

BHD-CLE tomorrow...£804(via LHR with Bmi and AA )
DUB-CLE tomorrow...£392(via ORD with EIN and AA) get a grown up to help you with the decode

Which would YOU choose? NO competition on the BELFAST HEATHROW route has lead to the NI passenger paying dearly and your inane calls for the "city to be allowed to do what it does best" would be the logical extension.

The twin airport policy has stifled growth from this area,and I for one welcome the breath of competition that the AIRLINES lead by Easy have brought to us and I am certain that if they were not there then the "original low cost carrier" in Sydenham would be back to charging an arm and a leg.

As to resufacing the runway...I am confused.You state you are "never there" but yet you are confident enough to opine that the runway state is in some respect "poor" How do you arrive at this?I am genuinely interested to know.Do you fly in there? or do you have "rough runway "(or some other mythical setting) on your Flight Sim 98.:confused:

ALLMCC
20th Nov 2003, 20:32
Eastern Wiseguy

Are you quite finished? - I suspect by the tone of your post you're getting a bit hot under the collar! Why don't you chill out and not take criticism so seriously? If you're convinced that Easyjet are so successful and all powerful then why don't they buy BFS, rename it "Easygrove" and show TBI how to make money?

After all if TBI decided to sell, do you really think there would be queue to bid for BFS? I think not! Have you had a look at TBI's revenues and share price in recent times? Suggest you do and then have a look at Ferrovials - then and only then might you consider revised your so biased opinions!

Buster the Bear
21st Nov 2003, 04:17
And what does this all have to do with the easy A319 UK tour?

Chillwinston
21st Nov 2003, 22:01
Sorry B.T.Bear but ALLMCC always rises and no doubt this response will get its customary response from someone who never fails to either alienate or P*ss perople off.

"Are you quite finished? - I suspect by the tone of your post you're getting a bit hot under the collar! Why don't you chill out and not take criticism so seriously? "

ALLMCC - Pot, Kettle and Black (and i'm already chilling before your obligatory response!)

controller friendly
23rd Nov 2003, 20:46
Oh dear.....what a larf....?

ALMCC did you really have to butt into this one & completely take it over.....?

I think its great that Easy are makin a big deal of the airbus & bein nice to their staff....for once....!:p

You may also be very disappointed in future cause I believe ferrovial & TBI are trying to be quite grown up about the whole thing now & actually talk to each other....!

I'm just ragin I'm missin it :{ never known to miss a good party..;)

Good Luck to Easy & their buses, hope we'll see one in BFS as a more permanent fixture in the future:ok:

cf....xo

HZ123
24th Nov 2003, 18:06
How quickly do Easy stand down the 73s. Is there not a risk that as they are released onto the market with GB plates that fledgling outfits may set up in direct competition or indirect sifting a few new routes.

ALLMCC
24th Nov 2003, 19:49
Controller Friendly

My intention was not to "butt in and take this one over" - if my comments appear negative then they are only in response to those who continue to refuse to accept that BHD exists - I am at a loss to understand why then around 2m passengers (and rising) use it each year - surely this would indicate that there are passengers who would prefer to use BHD for whatever reason be it location, destination served etc.

If what you say about TBI & Ferrovial talking is correct, then this is good news - maybe its an indicator that TBI are finally accepting that BHD isn't going to go away and it would perhaps be better to try and work with and not against Ferrovial (as some of the posters on this subject would no doubt prefer).

The success of BHD only goes to show that BFS has inadequacies like every airport.

jumpseater
24th Nov 2003, 20:10
AllMcc
Quote:

'This ridiculous nonsense could only happen with an outfit like Easyjet! - anyone would think they were the first operators of the A319!'

So thats a non-negative comment then?:rolleyes: You have'nt explained why easy should'nt do it either!

'if my comments appear negative then they are only in response to those who continue to refuse to accept that BHD exists'

Oh really? erm, so what does the above comment regarding the use of EZY 319's on company family days have to do with Belfast Harbour?, particularly your initial response, I'd love to hear, I really would! :yuk:

ALLMCC
24th Nov 2003, 21:24
Jump Seater

Exactly the sort of cynical response I expected but if were going to be cynical -

"Belfast Harbour" - BHD has not been called this for over 10 years - its now called "Belfast City Airport" reflecting the city it serves - logically therefore maybe BFS should be renamed "Lisburn International" as Lisburn is the closest city to it - at least have the good grace to give the BHD its proper title.

If Easyjet want to use Belfast Harbour then presumably they'll be fitting pontoons to the 319 so that they can land in Belfast Lough - they'll need permission from the port authority though and they could always park/berth at the Lagan Lookout!! They'd have to give way to the Stena Voyager though - much larger and nearly as fast!

By the way my profile is ALLMCC - please use this in any future replys thank you!

jumpseater
24th Nov 2003, 22:52
Allmcc
Quote:

Exactly the sort of cynical response I expected but if were going to be cynical -

well let me remind you what you said,

'This ridiculous nonsense could only happen with an outfit like Easyjet! - anyone would think they were the first operators of the A319!

Just the sort of garbage, myself and some other posters have come to expect from your good self, I didn't pen the alternative ALLMCC, but for the post directly above it seems particularly appropriate.

So, erm cynical? All I asked you to do was explain your post, i.e. the second para above, I note you have'nt bothered, now I wonder why that could be? I have no particular interest in discussing BHD in this thread, as its about easy 319's and their use on family days, so back to you, to explain why the use of an aircraft to allow employees and their families, to see a new type is such a ridiculous idea.

Hogg
24th Nov 2003, 23:10
Hi Guys, Can u put this thread back on Track re easyjet 319s.

Must say, I saw one recently and they look pretty cool.

Having operated into both BFS and BHD, there has always been friendly banter between both airports. I do sometimes wonder with some contributors who "start" about these airports if in fact theyve got anything wotsoever to do with them or just "stirring" it.

Had a great time in/out of BHD, some great partys and happy memories.

Same for BFS both pity I dont get there as much nowadays. Used to spend a few weekends overnighting. Gatecrashed some interesting weddings at our Hotel after work.

Anyone know if "Auntie Annies" on the Dublin Road is vending ale still? Night out due soon.

And by all means start a thread about BHD but this ones about EZY319 birdies.

Thanks Fellas.
Ive also edited a number of above posts.

Hogg Can we plse keep de name calling outa the threads Please.

Chillwinston
25th Nov 2003, 20:47
Hogg - Took your advice and started a thread on BHD v BFS yesterday on this forum, however today it seems to of been removed, could you explain the reason for this?

"And by all means start a thread about BHD but this ones about EZY319 birdies."

Many thanks

Chillwinston

ALLMCC
25th Nov 2003, 21:01
Chillwinston

Your new thread on BFS/BHD was "reported to a moderator" as I found it to be offensive in content i.e. derogatory remarks, name calling etc - presumably this is why it was removed!

The motto is if you can't at least be civil then please don't post!

Chillwinston
26th Nov 2003, 16:28
ALLMCC - and your posts arnt?

jesus wept, get a life, it was posted tongue in cheek and obviously you have no sense of humour.

ALL MOUTH

glynn-kayes
27th Nov 2003, 03:26
Allmcc,as you obviousely dont work in the avaition industry can you not go and trainspot instead.

controller friendly
28th Nov 2003, 08:29
Sorry Hogg but as you closed the bfs/bhd one before i got a chance to get in there.......:(

A few points.....

tower ranger

Travelling as much as i am these days and you know my ability to talk....:p fellow passengers on the route are 50/50 on which they prefer.
From my point of view i don't fly from bhd cause i want to,though it is handy for catching up with old mates! I fly from there cause thats where the route is. Case in point,Tuesday,as you know had to leave 2 people off at bhd at 1700,i decided to come & visit your good self as i could not face fighting my way through traffic to get home. Yesterday, similar scenario,took me 45mins to get there, just made check-in,as we've started our usual wonderful christmas shopping traffic build up on our really well resourced roads.....:hmm:
And i reckon i know which one you would turn up to every day to earn some cash given the choice....

And everyones friend ALLMCC, to which lady were you refering in terms of the orange skies.....?
All airlines have their difficulties,take tonite,bmi, the jewel in bhds crown delivered me to bhd,1.5hrs late and what were fellow passengers complaining about,lack of information on the delay. As i said they all have their faults......:O

Hope everyone who is going on sunday has a great day:p

Oh yeah and Hogg,just let me know when you're back in belfast and i'm sure i could arrange a party for you:D ;) ;)

ALLMCC
28th Nov 2003, 16:36
Glynn-kayes

Name calling again - tut,tut - yes, you are correct I don't work in the aviation industry but then how many passengers do? Sometimes it requires someone from outside the industry to form a subjective opinion on the way it operates - by the same token, I know a lot more about the haphazard way it operates in N Ireland particularly in relation to BFS.

Perhaps the best proof of this is the recent results announced by TBI - it seems their obsessive philandering with low cost operators has come back and bitten them on the bum. Maybe they should consider going back to selling meat pies.

As a final note, you really should consider taking spelling lessons! The fact that you can't spell "aviation" correctly says it all really!

Chillwinston
28th Nov 2003, 17:25
English teacher must be his profession

Has alot to say about nothing, now have the image of him in his tweed jacket with obligatory leather elbow pads!

Enough said cant stand the verbal anymore and a question, if your so bothered about other peoples english why didnt you advise controller friendly of his mistakes, maybe its your way of winding someone up,
Off to my anger management course (gives him time to compose another pile of :mad: and of course check my spelling! and of course winge to the moderators that someone dare make comments about him)

Surprise, surprise glynn-kayes post edited by a moderator, wonder who asked them to do that.
:mad:

Buster the Bear
29th Nov 2003, 03:55
JUST WHAT THE HECK HAS THIS TO DO WITH THE A319 TOUR (As per thread)?

Had a lovely ride in 'Bravo', wide asiles give such an air of space.

eastern wiseguy
1st Dec 2003, 05:16
Well did anyone see it today? :ok:

glynn-kayes
1st Dec 2003, 05:47
BUSTER, its got nothing to do at all with the A319 tour,but,always as ever,as soon as anyone says anything positive about BFS and anything happening there ALLMCC throws his toys out of his pram and hijacks the thread with a load of crap.I thought this was an airline employees forum and not one for slf.ALLMCC thats(self loading freight) to you.Maybe you should try FLYERTALK.ORG.
Now thats for anoraks..................................................... ...............
REGARDS,ME

ajamieson
1st Dec 2003, 08:28
Saw the new A319 the other day; she looks gorgeous. The cabin width is a great advantage for the A319/A320 family over the 737s. Good luck to the orange folk with the new a/c :ok:

BUSTER, its got nothing to do at all with the A319 tour,but,always as ever,as soon as anyone says anything positive about BFS and anything happening there ALLMCC throws his toys out of his pram and hijacks the thread with a load of crap.I thought this was an airline employees forum and not one for slf.ALLMCC thats(self loading freight) to you.Maybe you should try FLYERTALK.ORG.

:rolleyes:

glynn-kayes you've made your point (albeit rather badly) so please avoid making any further inaccurate, incoherent and mindless posts.

glynn-kayes
1st Dec 2003, 09:45
Ajaimeson,I dont think so.I put my point over rather well,as most people would agree with me on this thread.Obviously,the likes of you and ALLMCC dont like what I have to say.Why dont you read the thread from the start and then look at the responces and maybe then you will see that myself and others are only reacting.

Hawk
1st Dec 2003, 14:39
Keep the personal abuse out of the thread..otherwise we lock it. Thank you. H

corsaman
1st Dec 2003, 22:44
I bagged a seat on the Airbus at Belfast, and everyone on board seemed to have a great time. The Swiss crew made us
feel very welcome, and gave us a preview of what to expect when out turn comes - bright, modern and spacious, very
user-friendly galleys and sensible stowages for the sep stuff. I look forward to working on it. Nicest part of the day was meeting everyone's families - the kids seemed to have a ball!