PDA

View Full Version : Gloucestershire gears up for future expansion

Buster the Bear
15th Nov 2003, 17:26
Gloucestershire Airport in the UK is surpassing its growth target, enjoying increased revenue, profits and movements. Gordon Griffiths, airport managing director, said: “Our goal is to offer business jet operators a real alternative to larger, more congested airports in the region.”

As a result of the increase in business levels, profits have doubled over the last year. This follows on from the 70 per cent increase in the previous year.

Total aircraft movements over the last year have risen from around 79,000 to 83,000 per annum. “Now that we have a full time FBO at the airport – Executive Aviation Services – business jet operators are now fully catered for and this has helped enor-mously in attracting new customers to the airport,” said Griffiths.

Jet fuel volumes have doubled from 600,000 to 1.3 million litres and Air BP has been appointed as the sole agency for fuel supply at the airport.

Buildings to accommodate based and visiting customers are also being erected at the airport. The existing terminal building has had a new front extension to provide more office space as well as a separate waiting lounge and reception facilities.

Airside, a hangar extension is in progress, due for completion in December 2003 and a new hangar under construction is scheduled to be open in May 2004.

Other planned developments include a further hangar extension, due for completion in the first quarter of 2004. Two other hangars, one of 10,000 and the other of 15,000 square feet are currently out to tender. These are set for completion in the first or second quarter of 2004.

2004 will also see runway resurfacing to support the growing number and size of aircraft using the facility. “The shareholders and joint owners, Gloucester City and Cheltenham Borough Councils, are very supportive of the actions we are taking to the extent that they are commissioning a report on the future role and development of the airport over the next 30 years,” commented Griffiths.

Wee Weasley Welshman
15th Nov 2003, 17:29
Now get that runway extended and encourage a low cost operator to move in and I will die a happy man. :)

Buster the Bear
16th Nov 2003, 06:45
Wee W W, I am going to tarmac my driveway. It is short but leads to my Bear Palace.

As I am not governed by EU law, I can subsidise the Harps to land. I can offer them free sarnies and Fish (I love fish), then they can fly very frquently to my Palace until the 'free' food runs out.

London-Whipsnade. THE Animal lovers choice airport! Add my Furrryyy face to the billboard...............

www.BUSTAIR.bear What and airline!

ecj
16th Nov 2003, 15:10
To assist WWW to die happy, they need to extend the "main runway" by about double of the existing length. For good measure install CAT 2 ILS on both ends.

Why not go the full hog - 3048m to enable operators to reach the US west coast comfortably. :cool:

Sir George Cayley
17th Nov 2003, 04:52
er....... Gordon resigned as MD recently for pastures new.
Heathrow no less

Ad in Flight for his replacement. Any Ppruners fancy a go?

Sir George Cayley

Chillwinston
17th Nov 2003, 20:36
May I make a sugestion to an appointment....... JMC Man, should have the Lo-Co's pouring in, even NOW eh!

:O If you cant smile then dont post!

Good luck to all and hope the offer from Buster is taken up, beats dodgy payments from the airport operators to certain Lo Co's