PDA

View Full Version : UKFT - Lancaster, Pennsylvania

BENPA28
15th Nov 2003, 00:12
This has prob been done to death so appologies, but looking to complete my ppl with the UKFT from their lancaster,Pennsylvania branch. Does anyone have any comments about this place, they seem well to do so any feed back appreciated.

dbaker606
18th Nov 2003, 03:29
I went to UKFT in PA. I wasn't sure about the weather there but I managed to complete my PPL. The weather was fairly good on the whole with many clear days. No smog like in the west coast.

I found them very professional. They had clean airplanes, excellent facilities with high speed broadband access. They provided me with furnished, clean accommodation all inclusive in the package. They also supplied us with a free courtsey car for use. It was very useful to have the car compared to other schools where they rent bicycles.

Go there and you will have a good time, they are honestly very nice people and willing you help you as much as possible.

Good luck..

Time to Fly
18th Nov 2003, 07:17
Humm........ I was looking at the profile for dbaker606:

Date Registered: 17th November 2003

Total Posts: 1 (1 posts per day)

Last Post: 17th November 2003 20:29
UKFT - Lancaster, Pennsylvania

I always take any first time poster making a post in favor or against any school, especially when they made their account just to answer a specific post, with a grain of salt.

I do hope we can get some long time members of PPRuNe to post their experiences with UKFT in PA.

TTF

clamb
19th Nov 2003, 04:32
I learnt in LGB but I have rented from Lancaster. Excellent facilities.

There were other students training when I was there. They appeared fairly happy with everything.

Enjoy... and ask UKFT to give you references for past students from there..

englishal
19th Nov 2003, 15:39
UKFT seem to be pretty reasonable. I know some students I've met (at LGB) have issues with the way the school is run from a management point of view (lack of organization), but generally most people come out with what they expect.....

Never been to Lancaster, but I believe the facilities there are ment to be better than at LGB