PDA

View Full Version : Help needed from anywhere - Wilga PZL 104-80

Rhodie
14th Nov 2003, 20:18
I desperately need any help / info on where I can find manuals for the Wilga 80.

I need both engine and airframe manuals - and if anyone certified on the plane wants to visit darkest Africa, please PM me and I'll make sure there's cold beers waiting...

If manuals are available, please let me know cost and means to get to South Africa.

Many thanks

R

Dr Illitout
16th Nov 2003, 04:02
About ten years ago there used to be a Polish gentle man, who worked for Alan Mann aviation at Fairoaks airport, Surrey, England. He used to either import them or tried to. You might drop them an email. I will not pass on his name as I haven't got a clue on how to spell it!!!. Sorrey to be a bit vague, but it's what I do best!!!!!

alexban
16th Nov 2003, 18:51
I used to fly it towing gliders,but that was some years back.I'll try to ask some friends of mine,still doing aerobatics if they have the manuals.Do you also need an experienced wilga pilot? Cause i'll tell them if you do,who knows?Maybe they'll want to visit the beautifull SA!
alex:ok:

Rhodie
17th Nov 2003, 13:50
Thanks Doc, Alex and the Wizzard (PM)

I will try to mail the relevant parties - Alex, if you are able to find any manuals it would be great....

I will of course, cover any costs for copy / post to sunny S.A.

I have owned the plane for 18 months now and have NEVER flown it - it's been on the ground since I bought it due to waiting for a prop, respray (I got crooked by the first company, lost a sh!t load and got pieces back...) etc.

Now I need to put it all together and try and fly her - if manuals are delivered in person, accomodation and good times will be guaranteed...

Ta much

R

rotornut
9th Dec 2003, 09:58
Rhodie

Try Airtech Canada at this address:

[email protected]

They used to sell and service Wilgas. Apparently they don't anymore but maybe they can help you.They used to sell and service Wilgas.

Kennel Keeper
15th Dec 2003, 11:56
Offer of help!

I recall having been asked to help repair this airplane while I was still at Solitude in Johannesburg. You needed to consult with a partner or something to that effect.

I am still willing to get involved to help you restore this airplane as I have friends in the ex CCCP. I rebuilt the Hueys flying in Cape Town and I also took a good one from the crooks at Northgate!!!

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 0847474345

The Huey Kennel Keeper