PDA

View Full Version : Escape and Evade

busz
14th Nov 2003, 19:22
Hey Guys,

I need a little help, and i figured that because you guys on this forum are all so nice:ok: , this would be the place to make my request.

In 2 weeks time, on the 28th November, I will be taking part in a national fund-raising event, in fact one of the largest student fundraising events ever. Bear with me while i describe what this entails. On the friday, 2 of my friends and i will be taken to a secret location in the midlands, and released. From here, we have to get as far away as possible, and back to Birmingham in 3 days, by 1900 on the sunday. The problem is that we are not actually allowed to use any money for the travelling. Essentially, we have to try and 'blag' free transport throughout the weekend.

Our intention is to try and hitch-hike or get a train to Manchester Airport and then try and get some free flights to somewhere. I have already been making initial requests to airlines for free tickets to somewhere, and this process is on-going.

I wondered however, if i was to post my request on here, someone may know a person who would be able to offer us 3 free return tickets. Of the airlines i went to see, a few said it may be possible to offer us the tickets. Ideally, we will be able to fly with BMI to Washington or Chicago, Virgin to Orlando, or Emirates to Dubai.

We are raising money for the Red Balloon Appeal, run by the Midlands Student Fundraising Council, to help with Lung Cancer Research. I am a student at Loughborough University studying Air Transport Management, and am working hard on raising lots of money for this valuable cause. Many people who are sponsoring me have promised that they will give me 1p for every mile travelled, so it really is in our best interests to travel as far as possible.

Any help offered really would be much appreciated. If you do think that you would be able to help, please e-mail me @ [email protected] .

Thanks again,

Alex:ok:

I should add that if you want to find out more about the event, go to www.escapeandevade.com

Alex