PDA

View Full Version : Demo Outside Lhr Currently

BRISTOLRE
14th Nov 2003, 16:14
Anyone out there know exactly whats going on down at LHR currently.
Reported over the BBC radio that a large demonstration has formed and lots of police heading to the scene?

maninblack
14th Nov 2003, 17:59
Is it the impending arrival of the saviour of the free world and lord of the fight against global terror? If so I thought they had perhaps got the date wrong.

:mad:

MrNosy
14th Nov 2003, 18:22
I spent an extra hour in the car trying to get to work because these people were executing their democratic right to object to something they don't like. I don't know what they are objecting to and at the moment I don't care! Maybe they should be made to pay for the disruption they cause? (I know, I know but I'm p***ed off - after the first 30min in the car going nowhere I was thinking that hanging was too good for them.)

MerchantVenturer
14th Nov 2003, 18:30
Probably a demonstration against demonstrations .....................

brabazon
14th Nov 2003, 18:39
More here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3270147.stm

under_exposed
14th Nov 2003, 19:09
Two protesters are hanging by ropes from a temporary construction bridge on the A3044 near Heathrow Airport, Scotland Yard said.

Could we not hang the rest of them as well?

Wing Commander Fowler
14th Nov 2003, 19:21
Hehe... "Under exposed" - funniest reply I've seen in a while! Well done.

:D

FlyUK
14th Nov 2003, 22:20
Hmmm, protesters complaining about T5. I wonder who would be the first to complain when they are delayed because their plane couldn't find a free stand to park on when the wanted to travel abroard?

Jerricho
14th Nov 2003, 23:10
B@stards!!!! What are they gonna do? Fill the hole in?

(Expedite-climb : check you PM's :ok: )

LGS6753
14th Nov 2003, 23:24
So the morons are 'hanging from ropes' - well, let the work continue and let them stay there and be ignored.
If they fall to their deaths, that's a couple less to worry about.

Jerricho
14th Nov 2003, 23:59
Ahhhh, but this the whole thing now. What if one of the stupid pr!cks did fall and hurt themselves. Or, say got hit by a passing truck or bus. You telling me they wouldn't try and sue somebody? BAA perhaps. The poor truckie who suddenly gets a brief protester shower?

B@stards again, I tells ya.

HAMMY
15th Nov 2003, 00:51
I say we get down there with the shampoo and give the scruffy b*****s a good wash while they're hanging there.

boeingbus2002
15th Nov 2003, 05:20
The last time protesters climbed onto the cranes (few weeks ago?), they werent even from the local area, London, Greater London or even South of England!!!
:suspect:
Perhaps we should give Balpa's "Keep Britain Flying" campaign more support, and give those who protest about the airport some idea of the inconvenience they would have without air travel! :rolleyes:

Jerricho
16th Nov 2003, 01:56
I highly doubt that anybody who reads these forums would admit to being in the demonstration, but somebody tell me, what the :mad: did it achieve?

Sure you can wave the freedom of speech flag all you want. You can harp on about protecting rights for those who live around the airport. You've all heard it before, but the airport has been there how long, and how many of the d*ckheads causing the kaos have jetted off for a bit of sun or whatever. NIMBY? Yeah, right.

GustyOrange
16th Nov 2003, 16:59
I bet the threat of a water cannon would have the filth running for cover very quickly.

Gusty