PDA

View Full Version : A big Thankyou to Airlink

Ozgrade3
13th Nov 2003, 21:34
Last week, my girlfriends Grandmother who had been in a Sydney hospital for cancer surgery flew back to Mudgee with Airlink. Her family asked me to pass on their sincere thanks for the effort of everyone at Airlink who made her trip as comfortable as possible.

From the booking staff who held her reservation even though she didn know when she'd be relased from Hospital. They took care of all the details so she didnt need to go to checkin,they had everything waiting for her at the gate, to the pilot who carried her bags personally. Special mention goes to the Airlink Manager from Dubbo I think it was, who kept her family informed with her whereabouts and followed up with a phone call to see that she had arrived home safely.

Even the taxi driver who delivered her to the terminal in Sydney offered t carry her bags through security to the gate...at the risk of being booked by the Wilsons Parking Gestapo.

Well done to all concerened, Grandma and family is most greatfull for the assistance and service she recieved and will most definitely be flying with Airlink again and recomending them to her friends.

On a less hapy note, the attitude and conduct of the kerbside Attendants is a discrace. Despite obviously assisting a frail and elderly passenger, the taxi driver was told to move on and the lady could walk by herself, which she quite obviously couldnt. The taxi driver said he will do so, but you can help her instead, "thats not my job" was the reply.

balance
14th Nov 2003, 02:53
Its great to hear something positive for a change, Oz.

pullock
14th Nov 2003, 10:34
I couldn't agree more with your sentiments about the kerbside attendants - they are a disgrace. I cannot believe that Qantas and Virgin allow these people to get away with treating their customers so badly. I sat back and watched them one night and they are absolute nazis - small minded people playing power games with the travelling public - and it's all a commercial ploy by SACL to raise more revenue by forcing people to park and pay.

SACL - taking the fun out of flying.

Torres
14th Nov 2003, 11:33
It's great to see Grandma got great service.

But our airports........ A week ago I pulled up in a private bus at the Brisbane International Terminal arrivals to collect a group of Asian businessmen. This was a private operation, non commercial. I was advised by the Gestapo that I could not even stop in a bus and was not permitted to collect anyone at the Arrivals if it did not have a Brisbane Airport sticker on the windscreen. I got directed to a user pays bus park, payment in the slot on the way in! :yuk:

Have you ever thought how much Brisbane Airport rips off every day in their $2 charge per taxi pick up? The mind boggles at that rip off............ :yuk:

Melbourne Airport yesterday: one lite beer, one lemon Ruskie, one Fanta. $15!!! Questioned the price and told it was the result of paying rent on Melbourne's most expensive real estate. :yuk:

Capt EFIS
14th Nov 2003, 17:46
On the subject of overcharging - you have to love the inflated parking charges.

Over here in Adelaide you can park your car on the street in the CBD for $1.10 per 4 hours, while at the airport they are charging you $2.00 per hour. It's not too bad if you are only collecting or dropping of a passenger as it should take less than an hour, but it's got to start hurting the passengers who are parking their car for a day or so.

I guess they have to find some way to pay for the new airport terminal. :D

Cheers,
Capt EFIS.

Keg
14th Nov 2003, 20:58
Only $2 an hour Capt EFIS. At Sydney domestic, anything over about half an hour will cost you more than $6. Over an hour will cost you heaps more than $10. I'll have to check the prices next time I'm going through.

Amazing that people complain if a SYD-MEL ticket is much more than $100 each way but nothing gets said about parking your car for 40 minutes for about 1/10th of that cost! :rolleyes: A lot more profit going into that little scam than QF airways!

DOME
15th Nov 2003, 06:50
Torres, agree about our airports - Sydney International in particular.

We arrived there mid-morning a month or so ago, and needed to take the QF domestic shuttle to continue. We knew where we were going, but because of the poor signposting and general melee, most pax didn't - especially the "foreigners".

There was a very lengthy queue which looked like it was going nowhere. Lots of the "foreign" arrivals were pushing trolleys around aimlessly and were being loudly harangued by QF uniformed staff about getting in line etc. Wife and I noticed a QF bus outside the terminal, she nipped out and confirmed with the driver he was heading for domestic, so we and several others got on and went.

She asked the Chinese guy next to her where he was going - he told her to Canberra to represent Hong Kong at a conference on Transport Infrastructure - and askes was Sydney always like this. What could she say!

Chocks Away
15th Nov 2003, 07:09
Amazing... this started off praising an Airline on it's good service and all it has to say now is bitch and moan about parking attendants around the country.:yuk:

....TALK ABOUT STEPPING ON SOMEONES APPLAUSE.....!