PDA

View Full Version : XCQ - Note of Caution

VFR800
13th Nov 2003, 17:30
Photocopy everything dudes! Did my original XCQ in '99, but various reasons gave up flying until this year. Lots of nice folk on here advised my original XCQ would still be valid, so no probs, went ahead and passed the Skills Test.

Guess what, original XCQ invalid as no form with signatures, CAA won't accept it as valid with aforementioned piece of paper. They said they would accept a signature from the airfields concerned, but guess what, they don't keep movement logs that far back, doh!

Had to redo it yesterday, at dual rates, so the moral of the tale is, either ask your FTO to photocopy everything, or do it yourself!

Later

:cool:

Flyin'Dutch'
13th Nov 2003, 18:17
Obviously a bit of a pain in the neck to have to do it again and the expense, but since it must be at least 4 years since you did it, may not have been a bad exercise.

After all am sure you will have learned more, again.

But can only agree with the advice to keep good records and make copies as required.

FD

RichyRich
13th Nov 2003, 18:23
Jeez, bad news VFR800. I'm sure your second time round went much better than the first?

I haven't done a solo land-away since my QXC, hoping there'll be a gap in the weather this weekend. The longer the gap, the more nerve-wrecking it becomes???

Hopefully this minor inconvenience for you won't hold up the firing up of that laser printer for you.

Fly Stimulator
13th Nov 2003, 18:38
Sounds like a good excuse to go out and spend lots of money flying about only to end up back where you started.

Which is what most of us do with our licences once we've got them anyway! ;)

VFR800
13th Nov 2003, 18:57
Actually, 'twas a really good flight in the end, wx was superb yesterday, on my leg from Shobdon to Turweston, could see Birmingham, now that's what I call 'all the nines' ! ;)

Fly Stimulator
13th Nov 2003, 19:07
wx was superb yesterday, on my leg from Shobdon to Turweston, could see Birmingham

Every silver lining has its cloud I suppose.

Say again s l o w l y
13th Nov 2003, 19:29
Sorry VFR but what did you expect? If you haven't got the paper work, then the CAA is never interested. I'm surprised that it wasn't checked by the school before it was sent off.

With the CAA always send them as much paper work as possible. Another bit of advice is never to have the exact number of hours required, ie don't have exactly 10 hrs of solo for your inital licence issue make sure you have 10.1 or 10.2, a while ago we had a student queried as they thought he may have been rounding up his hours!! Bureaucrats:mad: