PDA

View Full Version : Air India / Charters in India

Hardeep
13th Nov 2003, 13:26
Does anybody know the actual requirements for Air India... It seems this airline doesn't like replying...And no where is it stated the actual amount of HOURS required for the position...I talked to many PIA pilots that fly into Toronto and they tell me Air India is just like PIA...It's not the amount of hours...it's who you know...Also I'm planning on going to India in January and converting my CAA licenses...any body know if there's any outcome for a guy like me with 240 TT

masalama
13th Nov 2003, 16:16
AI/IA come out with ads for trainee first-officers once every two years or so , they also occasionaly look for senior first officers with usually an ALTP and jet time ....I don't really remember when the last ad was.....
Requirements for trainee first officers are usually:
1.DGCA CPL/IR/MULTI.
2.COP RTR--basically Indian R/T.
3.Unrestricted medical, Indian of course.
4.FRTO issued by DGCA.
5.250 hrs TT & maybe 25 hrs multi.
Everything should be current and will be examined at the time of the written exam and they are quite pedantic about it , you can't tell them here's a copy, the original's submitted in DGCA.
Ads usually come out for maybe 20-40 candidates and 50% are reserved for SC/ST/OBC .....
As for who you know that counts , I think knowing someone working in Air India might help in terms of what sort of preparation's required for the written/oral exams , also getting all your paperwork current and running is in itself a difficult task.Experience does help, I've been told by senior pilots who interview but corruption cannot be totally ruled out too.....good news is things are getting better slowly but surely.