PDA

View Full Version : Saudi ANO?

Bear 555
12th Nov 2003, 20:52
Hi All,

I know of the PCA's AIP, but am wondering how it comes about.

Is there something like an Air Navigation Order (ANO) or anything similar to the UK, which makes the rules and regulations into 'law'?

Appreciate any advice,

Cheers.

Bear 555

4HolerPoler
12th Nov 2003, 22:38
I've been trying to get hold of one for years. The only one I've ever seen is an old yellow one in the PCA offices in Jeddah. There is hope however; they're jacking up their website - http://www.pca.gov.sa/conditions/transport.htm - most of the technical documentation is now available and I'm hoping that the ANO gets published there soon.

4HP

Bear 555
12th Nov 2003, 22:52
Thanks 4HP. I think most things were old and yellow last time I was there!!

I will keep an eye on the web-site developments!

Bear 555

mutt
13th Nov 2003, 02:58
I always thought that they used the FAR's, cant you find the answer you need in there?

Mutt.

Bear 555
13th Nov 2003, 22:18
mutt,

Was trying to find out how they apply the rules and regulations in terms of legal issues. How are they approved or organised under Saudi law? Approved by the parliament? What about Shaira Law?

Hard questions know !

Bear 555

4HolerPoler
13th Nov 2003, 22:22
Mutt's right Bear; they'll read it as in the FAR's. And one thing is for sure - if it isn't in the book there is no way that you'll get someone to make a decision. Certainly not in Ramadan, definitely not in Eid and most likely never (if it isn't promulgated already).

4HP

Bear 555
14th Nov 2003, 15:36
ok guys. Thanks V much. Head in FAR's shortly!

I will stop in on PCA again on my next visit to confirm what I find.

Cheers again,

Bear 555