PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Hols

AllTrimDoubt
12th Nov 2003, 02:07
So...what IS going on re 3 weeks enforced Xmas break? Any news?

Jobza Guddun
12th Nov 2003, 02:37
In swamp-donkey land we are being "encouraged" to take an extra weeks leave.

Personally I won't bother 'coz it's gonna be Granted, lets face it.;)

Pontius Navigator
12th Nov 2003, 04:39
We have been absolutely assured that talk of a three week break is rubbish.

I don't believe it <g>.

Essentially if Sqn X decides it does not need to fly is Sqn Y REALLY going to get the whole of RAF Little Snoring back a week early just so they can fly?

For those short in memory we had a three week peace dividend break right in the middle of the GWI. Was it a thank you or a cunning device to save an extra week's central heating fuel?

RubiC Cube
12th Nov 2003, 18:28
PN

Actually it was just before GW1 for most people. My team and I got Xmas Day off, but were involved the rest of the time doing trials work on new kit for one of our fast jets. When said fast jet needed repairing back at base just before Xmas, Harry Staish said he wouldn't open because his peolpe were stood down. One short call very much higher up the line produced instant results, the job was done and said kit proved to be very effective when hostilities started. However, I'm still the same rank and he's been promoted!

Pontius Navigator
13th Nov 2003, 06:02
RC , yes, I don't distinguish between the bits when we started firing the bullets at them and when they started firing the bullets at them. As I recall our jets went out in August, just a little bit before Christmas and that wonderful celebration that believers in the prophet do not believe in. We were booted and spurred, topping up the sun tan and wondering WTHWGTH.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, all the REMF bogged off on 3 weeks leave. Very enjoyable too <g>.

Civil Servant
13th Nov 2003, 18:52
Well, whatever happens, sure as chestnuts roasting by an open fire, it won't make a difference to KNF, it being Sandringham International Airport an all.

Pontius Navigator
14th Nov 2003, 01:36
CS, I thought the rumour came from Sandringham International. Even my contractor is asking questions.

Lord Trenchards Brat
15th Nov 2003, 07:09
Its fantastic that the great leaders have decided to give us a morale boost and grant an extra two days leave before xmas, in recognition of all our hard work with GW2 OP Fiasco and the like.........out of our annual entitlement to add to the other 3 days "enforced leave" already detailed. BIG THANKS NOT!

:*

whowhenwhy
15th Nov 2003, 15:30
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have as much time off as the rest of the Air Force (notwithstanding all the guys who are still out on ops)? Unfortunately our American friends are still planning on a full program of day and night flying throughout the festive period, which will of course really impress everyone in East Anglia. I say that because they're not going to be able to fly anywhere else. Low Flying System? Closed! Ranges? Closed! MDAs? I expect are closed! And none of the H24 stations will work anything expect stn commitments and actual divs! So they'll just GH FL50 to FL240 in East Anglia. Jeez guys take a chill pill! Kick back, drink, be merry. Merry Xmas :ok:

Civil Servant
17th Nov 2003, 21:53
WWW,

Ah yes, our US friends. I had forgotten about all the holidays they had ruined for me in the past. Even when I was off, the instrument downwind at Lakenheath passes right over my house, just where they put a bit more power on to keep up the speed as they turn onto finals!!

I think I'll get the Xmas pud launcher ready again.

whowhenwhy
18th Nov 2003, 00:08
I'd advise caution dear boy. The mood our American cousins are in at the moment they would be liable to drop a few PGMs on you, closely followed by their SF guys out of Mildenhall to ask the obligatory questions after everything's been destroyed!

Green Flash
18th Nov 2003, 00:49
I bet Ice Station Kilo is open throughout. Deep joy....:(