PDA

View Full Version : Merged Brymon & BRAL to be named...

LabyrinthMan
6th Jun 2001, 02:21
BA press release of 05 June 2001:

"BA announced that its deal to acquire BRAL has been declared wholly unconditional. BRAL's operations will be combined with those of Brymon Airways, and in time both names will be replaced by British Airways CitiExpress."

Hmmm, raises so many interesting questions...

Wouldn't CityFlyer been more recognisable? But that would have been logical; and we're talking about BA here...

BEXIL160
6th Jun 2001, 03:04
I, for one, will be sad to see the "Brymon" name go...

Every time I hear the Brymon callsign I'm transported back 22 years or so to a rain swept apron at Plymouth with two Islanders and a Twin Otter and the OWNER of the company (Bill Bryce) helping me load GBADK for a Flight to Morlaix and Brest. (I still have the loadsheet somewhere)...

Rgds Bex

tech...again
6th Jun 2001, 16:56
...this just opens up the whole branding issue again.... remember BA Express (some ATP and DH8 aircraft still in the livery I believe...?) I thought the logic behind the latest set of 'integrations' was to standardise things a little and get away from the "it's a BA aircraft, but who are we actually flying with" thing...?

And yes, Citiexpress does sound far too much like CityFlyer...!

TA

revik
6th Jun 2001, 18:36
BEXIL160

I'll transport back to Roborough 28 years when, for a short spell during school holidays, I used to help out loading bags from the 'milk float' onto aforementioned Islanders. Never did get paid nor did I get the free rides Bill Bryce promised!

tech-again

No problems - BA 'CitiExpress' aircraft operated by BA 'CitiExpress' crews probably on much reduced payscales from the rest of the BA organisation.

What_does_this_button_do?
6th Jun 2001, 20:01
I just hope now that us exec members can get the full service from the regional carrier such as res24. Yet again I am forced to cancel a stack of meetings today as the flight from LBA to SOU was full at 17:35 (flight was booked a week ago) and I couldn't get a seat even as at a gold level of membership as the regionals don't operate res24.

tech...again
6th Jun 2001, 20:10
Revik,

I understand the implications of the resulting product and branding, but as someone who's currently caught up in the middle of a BA 'integration' (read takeover...!?) at the moment, I just think that the fewer fellow industry colleagues who have to go through this at some point in the future (...and it will happen again!), the better.

Cheers,

TA

BEXIL160
6th Jun 2001, 22:12
Revik...

WRB must have mellowed a bit by the time I knew him (1978-1981). Got the cash, lots of free rides and on one memorable ocassion a nice brown envelope full of "readies" following a particularly successful trip to Bodmin Aerodrome.... Peter Lumb where are you now??

Oh, and thanks to one Kevin Jones who gave me my first flying lessons, on empty sectors in the Islanders!!

Bye Bye Brymon, sorry to see you go.

Rgds Bex

Clone
7th Jun 2001, 02:13
Peter Lumb is now No1 on the Brymon seniority list, at least until it becomes Citisomethingorother

BEXIL160
7th Jun 2001, 10:31
Thanks Clone....Must look him up somewhen

Rgds Bex

Deadleg
7th Jun 2001, 23:55
Lumby is based in PLH!

BEXIL160
8th Jun 2001, 02:48
Thanks DL... I'll catch him next time I visit the PY.

Rgds
BEX