PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Air Law

twonky
11th Nov 2003, 18:49
I am thinking about converting my UK ATPL to a Kenyan one
Any info on the Air Law exam? Where can I find the relevant info?
Also any info on Eastafricansafari

Twonky

kichwa tembo
11th Nov 2003, 22:23
your best bet would be the flying schools Kenya school of flying and CMC flying school at wilson airport in nairobi are the largest.the instructors should have the material and revision exams if not most charter companies at the same place always have them in store for their future captains who need the atpl e.g. rossair kenya or aircraft leasing services.

B Sousa
11th Nov 2003, 22:29
Kichwa Tembo. Your first post, Welcome. Good to have some participation from up Nairobbery way.
Twonky, good way to sort out the truth from fiction is to head down there and get your face in the door. A couple nights at the Aero Club of East Africa (Wilson Airport) and you will know all the answers. Questions may be a bit vague.
Many folks on this site who are up to date on Kenya. I am not one of them. I did enjoy some time there. Good Folks.

Cardinal Puff
12th Nov 2003, 03:07
Aero Club of East Africa at Wilson Airport may be a good bet as well. Most of the instructors can be found propping up the bar on a Friday night.

Coleman Myers
12th Nov 2003, 13:13
There is a very good guy called Colin who runs an AMO/ flight school out of the Aero Club of East Africa facility, get on to them maybe ?.

Tel: 254 2 500693,501772, 502174 Fax: 254 2 607654
Email: [email protected]

perceval
13th Nov 2003, 20:12
Do avoid the aeroclub for infos ...Not up to date .Contact the KCAA for basic requirements and maybe get the new AIP and probably the flying schools to obtain either Ground School or Passed papers .
Beware , difficult to get Work permits at the moment .You will also need to do an IR test .Have lots of certification in your logbook before you go visit the KCAA.

B Sousa
13th Nov 2003, 21:45
Percival Writes:"Have lots of certification in your logbook before you go visit the KCAA."

Interesting statement as I find folks down that way like lots of Stamps and Embossed Signatures. Who the hell knows if they are legitamate, but they do look impressive....
Also when someone in the officialdom says "this cant be done". The proper response is "What do I have to do to make this happen........Sir"
Usually a response is in numbers related to the economy......Nuff said.