PDA

View Full Version : Michael Oleary`s worst ever stunt-Your oppinion

kpiko3
11th Nov 2003, 04:10
Hi all,

Just like to hear what all you people think MoL`s worst ever stunt,speach or comment.
For me I have two things.
1-When he tried to get Glasgow Prestwick called Glasgow International because the real international was not doing enough to get international flights when PIK was,it was to be called Glasgow Domestic according to MoL.
2-When He pulled off one of the stupidest ever stunt at Luton/Easyjet headqaurters with the fare busting Campaign,when he drove in on Tanks and army vehicles.

I would like to hear other peoples veiws on the nutter.

Cheers
kpiko3

eurostar builder
11th Nov 2003, 05:15
I think the Flybe campaign was good.

Flybe adverstised there new Dublin flight from Southampton on Lorry Billboards on approach roads to Bournemouth Airport and after Ryanair advertised there flights on the same lorry boards on the loop road of Southampton Airport (Until they where moved)

Good one...

Findo
11th Nov 2003, 05:39
Kris

You are needing your bed son coz your speach is gettin so bad people think this is your worst ever stunt.

See when you wake up... go to the Engerlish class and ask teach how you should ask for " peoples veiws"

:mad:

ALLMCC
11th Nov 2003, 17:16
On the subject of stunts, one fairly recent one by Easyjet springs to mind - Flybe used a flatback lorry with a billboard and drove around the car parks af BFS advertising their low fares and dissing Easyjets' claims - in response to this Easyjet did the same thing at BHD - it all went OK until the lorry broke down opposite the airport entrance and caused absolute traffic chaos on the Sydenham by-pass. Bet this caused a few "red" faces at Easyjet - ha ha!

carlos vandango
11th Nov 2003, 17:45
i see the flybe lorry is back up at BFS, broadsiding Jet2 these days.

ALLMCC
11th Nov 2003, 18:09
Can't really see why Flybe are worrying what with currently 4 rotations per day with virtually new Dash 8 - 400s from BHD against 2 per day from Jet2 from BFS with clapped out 16/17 year old 737s - no contest really!

jmc757
11th Nov 2003, 22:21
The reason flyBe are worried is that they know how reliable those brand new Dash 8s really are!!!!

ALLMCC
11th Nov 2003, 23:37
JMC757

Every operator has its tech problems at some time - at least Flybe have the back up of other a/c - it seems all Jet2 will have is other old 737s to fall back on & how reliable will they be given their age?

Mindthegap
12th Nov 2003, 06:26
PIK´s name is Glasgow prestwick international and has always had that name.

galley-wench22
17th Nov 2003, 19:42
Tech problems with the Jet2 737's are few and far between. I agree a/c do go tech now and again, but what are the chances of 1 going tech and then a further 4 a/c also having tech problems?? Jet2 have 5 a/c currently based at LBA with a 6th arriving in the new year.

Jet2 have had a very sucessful summer season and pride themselves on their time keeping! I believe there were no fligths cancelled over the summer due to tech problems.

682ft AMSL
17th Nov 2003, 19:59
First day of Jet2 ops on the BFS this morning - on time, no problems.

FLYBE on the otherhand are just boarding their '08:15' service to BHD which is some 4 and a bit hours behind schedule.

Oh dear.