PDA

View Full Version : Job in Lagos

tomcat21
11th Nov 2003, 01:26
hi there, I'm an expat from the US finishing up a contract in Kuala Lumpur flying a Hawker 800XP. I was recently offered a job flying a Citation for Pan African Airlines in Lagos. Can anyone tell me anything about the company, country, etc. I have not heard to many good things. Its supposed to be 2 on 1 off. What should I expect or request as pay for Citation Capt? Thanks alot.

bluesafrica
11th Nov 2003, 01:46
Pan African is one of the best companies there. Been around a log time and you can be sure for the fair treatment and on time salary. They have they own professional techical back up, so no short cuts there either. Pan African used to operate years back Citation 500, is this still the same airplane?
They are also a helicopter operator. Lagos is not the exact paradise but I assume that company accommodations are safe and adequate.
Blues:ok:

212man
11th Nov 2003, 18:12
Pan African is very well established in Nigeria, mainly offshore rotary operations. Recently bought out by Offshore Logistics, so now part of one of the largest Oil and Gas support operators in the world.

Lagos is not KL by any stretch of the imagination, but not as bad as you might think/hear (depending on your perspective I guess). I don't think the flying is particularly intensive. No idea about the accommodation or pay deal.