PDA

View Full Version : singapore airlines recruiting

2FLYEU
10th Nov 2003, 16:45
Just checked on Flight International....
Looking for 747 cargo Capt. and F/O's.
Does any one out there have any Idea How is to fly for them?
Salary expectations, base, possibility to be transferred to pax fleet, life at Singapore....

I would really appreciate any advice or story about it.

thanks to all

:ok:

cortilla
10th Nov 2003, 17:19
try posting in the singapore section of the website, and/or jobs + sponsorship

Rylee
11th Nov 2003, 00:00
Hello

Don't bother applying unless you haven't got a job or want a 400 rating. I work for the mother co. Terms are already as bad as they can get there and it is much worst for the freight fleet. COPs are terribly long. Lots of 12-16 days with 4-5 days off after that. Round the world trips are common. Expect to work close to 100 hours a month. So far the only base is in Singapore. No chance of crossing over to pax fleet in the near future ( at least that is what they say ) If I am not mistaken the basic is around S$8K ( S$2.9= 1 pound ) Life in Singapore is not too bad but bloody expensive.

Cheers

EasyGo-Lucky?
11th Nov 2003, 07:01
Under the new terms base salary for Singapore Airlines B747-400 Cargo Captain is SIN$8000 which will attract about 18-20% tax. ( SIN$1.8=US$1 )

There will be NO productivity, meal or transport allowances. Instead there is a per diem, I can't remember the amount but it was pathetic.

Reduced housing and schooling allowances.

Absolutely no chance of moving to the Passenger Operations.

No overseas basing.

No First Class travel with reduced annual travel benefits.

Work to the AOC and not the agreed CA. Not entitled to any of the CA benefits but to what extent the Company will use or abuse this is yet to be determined.

No Pension or Provident fund.

I think 28 days annual leave now instead of 42 but this is to be confirmed.

Something to chew on for now.