PDA

View Full Version : Mr Farley's Office

jumpseater
10th Nov 2003, 11:42
With thanks to John Eacott for hosting the pic

http://www.helicopterservice.com.au/photos/pprune/Gazelle%20%26%20Etendard.jpg

BAe Dunsfold's two seater demo, seen at BAe Hatfield open day, flown in and demo'd by Mr Farley himself :ok:

fradu
11th Nov 2003, 06:05
Does the jet still survive today?

Batchy
11th Nov 2003, 06:25
The two seat Harrier T52 G-VTOL is now with the Booklands Museum near Weybridge in Surrey.

KERDUNKER
11th Nov 2003, 07:32
Two Harriers operating out of Dunsfold last week. I thought field was closed.

treadigraph
11th Nov 2003, 15:03
Some chat elsewhere on PPRuNe that they were doing something for Top Gear... See Mil forum I think...

No comment
11th Nov 2003, 19:23
Pretty good to get Harriers back at Dunsfold. Top Gear featured a Sea Harrier racing a car round their circuit and doing it in about 30 seconds as opposed to the 1min 40 that the (bentley I think) made it in. Best part was the F/A 2 hovering over the finish line whilst waiting!!!

Dusfold itself I think was officially closed a while back but I did hear that some warbirds are now able to be kept there as long as they adhere to the same operating times as when BAe were there. This means that they aren't able to position out to airshows at weekends so have to leave on Friday and come back on Mondays. (More than just a rumour but I haven't seen anything official - not sure which warbirds they are too...)