PDA

View Full Version : Air littoral

littletonyfokker
9th Nov 2003, 22:24
Any news on their status, rumours of chapter11 are flying, lots of pax transferred to other operators from NCE on friday?

Cheers, LittleTony

ATC Watcher
10th Nov 2003, 03:41
technically bankrupt. Taken over by Azzura group who said will dismiss 300 employees and get rid of the F70 and ATR pilots, 116 of them. Some routes taken over already bu azzura but with their own aircraft and their crews.... sad period for french aviation. After Air Lib and last friday Aeris .....:(

Jetset320
10th Nov 2003, 04:14
I heard a rumour of the takeover bid by Azzurra a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't seen it reported anywhere. Do you have a reference to any reports?

While we're at it, Azzurra, which isn't doing too well itself, was recently reportedly "for sale" by its owners Air Malta. The last I heard was that the minority shareholders had agreed to sell their share, whilst Air Malta was still in negociations. What is the latest?

10th Nov 2003, 04:24
Funny about Air Malta. Aren't aircraft previously operated by them flying around in the UAE with new owners/operators?? 2 A320's I believe.

Jetset320
10th Nov 2003, 04:31
One A320 should have joined Air Arabia last week I believe, after overhaul/refit/respray in Manchester & Southend. The other will join them next year. Both aircraft and 3 737-3Y5s were sold to GECAS, from whom Air Malta will be leasing 12 new 319/320s (last delivery 2008). In turn, the (old) 320s will be leased to Air Arabia.

Don't see what's so funny though!

concordino
10th Nov 2003, 05:00
littletonyfokker

here is an article from ATW online this week about Air Lit:

Air Littoral most likely will be taken over by Seven Group, the Italian investment fund that also holds Azzurraair Airlines. The Montpellier-based carrier, which was placed under administration in Aug. (ATWOnline, Aug. 25), has a staff of 1,000 and a fleet of 32 aircraft. Seven Group, whose bid also covered Air Littoral's maintenance and training arms, made a commitment to inject eur11 million ($12.6 million) into the airline and is willing to retain its 17 CRJs. About 300 jobs will be cut, however. French commercial aviation authority CSAM confirmed that it will grant an operating license to Air Littoral on condition that it be taken over by Seven Group, but the agency is calling for a further contribution of eur4 million in six months' time. According to AFP, Seven Group also is interested in acquiring Olympic Airlines.--Cathy Buyck

ATC Watcher
11th Nov 2003, 18:24
No sorry Robin Z , I have nothing more than ( French ) press reports, seem that only the CRJs will remain, some of the Corsican routes have already be taken back by Azzura ( I am told )

deant
12th Nov 2003, 08:33
Anyone know if any airline will replace Air Littoral on the Nice / Barcelona run? There currently appears to be only very early or very late flights now on AF or IB.