PDA

View Full Version : NAS Education

Spodman
9th Nov 2003, 12:18
I was speaking to a CFI yesterday who had just opened his NAS 2B education package, and it seemed this was the first he'd heard about it. I have myself seen heaps of coverage in all sorts of places about the forthcoming changes and find it difficult to believe they should come as a big surprise.

Is there still much mystery out there? Was anybody greatly surprised by anything?

compressor stall
9th Nov 2003, 13:32
Still waiting for anything in the post from airservices..... :mad:

Most of my (mis)information comes from here!

CS

Used and Abused
9th Nov 2003, 14:44
Got mine a few days ago.

Would like to know if anyone in the industry was consulted or given any proposals or a few experts got together and just decided that it works in the states then it works here.

the wizard of auz
9th Nov 2003, 15:05
Stallie, slip up here for a beer and you can have mine, I can't see it being of much use to me. :ooh:

compressor stall
10th Nov 2003, 19:35
Yeah. I think you and me will be on diff freq's now so I can't keep an ear on what you are doing!

Might also mean that I go head to head with Daisy! :uhoh:

When you down here again for a drink? :confused:

triadic
12th Nov 2003, 18:59
What education?

topdrop
13th Nov 2003, 18:59
U & A
I was involved in hazid from ATC side of the fence. Every time we raised something nasty, the facilitators (if you'd call them that) said that was part of the airspace design and so couldn't touch it.
I dare say the same thing probably happened when the pilots had their turn at the hazid.
Good luck for 27th on to you all.

SM4 Pirate
18th Nov 2003, 15:20
topdrop,

I heard that the first pilot hazard group raised heaps of problems, that required extenisive mitigation; solution change the group; next time the same hazards were less 'serious' with the hand picked group, so the mitigation and level of hazards were changed, dirty pool.

Bottle of Rum