PDA

View Full Version : GF 767 Pilots - How's it going

Greener Pastures
8th Nov 2003, 00:28
Any GF 767 pilots out there who'll tell me how the operation is going.
I've read some of the threads over the last month or so and have an idea from those of what's not liked, but a bit of useful info on the more positive side would be appreciated!
Presently just waiting to hear back from GF after interview and any feedback to sway me one way or the other would help.

In particular I'm interested:

1. In hearing about accom in Abu Dhabi. (Private or any new company accom?)
2. Feedback on rostering.
3. Day sectors v night sectors/ any night stops?
4. General feeling about the operation.

Thanks.

Tex Murphy
8th Nov 2003, 00:59
Hi Greener Pastures,

A mate of mine works for GF based in Abu Dhabi,
1/ apparently accommodation in Abu Dhabi is very expensive, the allowance is good if you are single but not enough if you are married with children. Most of the flight deck live down in Dubai (cheaper accommodation and a better family environment, schools etc).
2/ He says the rostering department works on a buddy system.
3/ Many night flights to less then desirable places.

11th Nov 2003, 01:39
Greener pastures,

to answer your questions:

1. There is no company accom for flight deck. The previous posts statement that most of the pilots live in Dubai is a bit of a stretch of the truth. If you are married with kids you will find it very difficult to find anything within your price range, single is ok. Also alot of people are still commuting from Bahrain. There are only a few of us living near Dubai, we think it is better value for money and better for the kids. The schooling situation in Abu Dhabi is also worse than in Dubai.

2. Rostering has its moments, its not totally on the buddy system.

3. Your flying will probably be one half to two thirds night flying. We night stop at present in Muscat, Columbo, Trivandrum, Katmandu, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Dar Es Salaam.

4. The Abu Dhabi operation is getting better and the crews on the 767 are a great bunch. I have worked for better but I have also worked for worse.

scanscanscan
12th Nov 2003, 05:17
Also living in Dubia makes it easier to process your Emirates application and saves moving house yet again.

airwaya457
12th Nov 2003, 17:07

You’re not the chap I saw in the car park next to the Chief pilot's car with a shiny new bucket and a nice clean rag are you? His car was glowing!

14th Nov 2003, 22:52
airwaya457,

no not me but I'm working on getting into the emirates car park.

Greener Pastures
17th Nov 2003, 22:34
Tex, 666, scanx3, thanks for the replies - fly safe!

GULFPILOT76
18th Nov 2003, 23:38
Hi guys,

Just want to say hello to a bunch of ex collegues in GF.
Left end of June because of VPO's black listing etc.
Truly hope you are doing better now in AUH then before.
I am back in the home country flying 76's for my old airline with an upcoming tech stop in . . . . . . AUH.
So I hope to see a couple of you guys again soon to have a few drinks.

Best of luck, GP76

middlepath
19th Nov 2003, 06:17
Hi Gulf Air Pilots,
I am bit confused with pay scale of Gulf. BD 1386 per month for captain, is that a printing mistake or some sort of joke. Honest information would be appreciated.
cheers.

whynerh8ter
22nd Nov 2003, 01:59
if u,re gonna apply at GF, better do it through Direct Personnell looks a sight better terms and conditions than we are on here now, so new joiners thru direct will be better paid by quite a bit..should be interesting around here:mad: :mad: :mad: