PDA

View Full Version : Bristol or not?

ex-mad dog driver
7th Nov 2003, 22:33
I am looking into Bristol GS for the ATPL DL.
What do you think? I am looking to go fast but want a good school. :ok:

Bodie
7th Nov 2003, 23:21
You cannot go wrong. You will not find a bad word said against them on here. Go for it and enjoy! I'.m on Mod2 and still think the notes are excellent :ok:

redsnail
8th Nov 2003, 00:11
I would recommend Bristol Ground School. No I didn't go there but Checkboard did (tech log moderator) and he reckons it was one of the best ground school set ups he's ever seen. (He was converting his Australian ATPL to a JAR one, several thousand hours exp on jets)

SpeedBird 001
8th Nov 2003, 00:40
Hello all,

I hear Bristol G/S is pretty much the best around. I too plan on doing my ground studies there. A few questions though. Do you have to take the exams within specific times of the start dates? I know they all have to be completed in a specific time frame. But what if I spend all that money and find out I'm struggling? Can I wait for another few months before I sit the exams and just read the books some more?

Fanx in Advance :ok:

SpeedBird 001 - Not the speediest bird around anymore:p

Capt BK
8th Nov 2003, 19:59
mad dog driver,

I did my ATPL's with Bristol and I found it excellent. Good quality notes, superb instructors, friendly team - the list is endless. The brush up courses are hard work but the team are so good and friendly I actually enjoyed each fortnight.

When I chose my training provider I went in with an open mind and contacted them all but it was ultimately the high regard they are held in on this website that clinched it.

The Oxford notes look excellent too and I know a few people that did well through them but I haven't experienced them myself.

Give Noush a call, you won't regret it.:ok:

SB001 - No need to worry, there is no time limit. You order a module and when YOU think your ready for the brush up and exams you give them a ring and slot into month you want. They can fill up well in advance though so best to preject ahead a month or two if you can. As you already know the 18 month clock starts ticking from sitting your first exam.

CBK

Dean Johnston
8th Nov 2003, 23:21
Did mine with them, no fancy Gold Bars, just good teaching methods with down to earth instructors.

ex-mad dog driver
9th Nov 2003, 01:24
Thanks all, I'm sold. I went to the Trainning show today and met the people at all of the different places. The people at Bristol GS seemed to be the most down-to -earth. Now all I need is for one of you to lend me £1900.00 for the course. I will take cash or check. :D

warpdrive
9th Nov 2003, 03:58
Don't even think of other schools. Did all my ATPL stuff with Alex and his team...first time pass on everything. Alex has a way of cutting through the rubbish to let you know just what is required (not bad for an ex-truckie).:ok:

parris50
9th Nov 2003, 16:26
I did the second half of my groundschool at Bristol GS. It was excellent. I did the first somewhere else and to be honest it was cr@p!

The brush up covers the entire course. Inevitably it's very intensive but well worth it.

Northern Highflyer
10th Nov 2003, 17:31
I am with BGS and am very happy with them.

Alex even took time out to help me with some questions I was stuck on. It was 5.20 pm and I am sure he was ready for home, but he explained what I needed to know in excellent detail and the fog in my brain lifted.

YYZ
10th Nov 2003, 19:58
Now all I need is for one of you to lend me £1900.00 for the course.

This is the cheap bit!!! I hope you know that or your for a HUGE shock:oh: