PDA

View Full Version : Australian Military Aircrew/Officer Info?

Karhu
7th Nov 2003, 18:28
G'day guys.

Was only put onto PPRuNe yesterday and having now read the info in several of the boards wished it was years ago I found it.

I am about to put in again for Military (ADF) Aircrew and was hoping some people about the place might have some inside info on exactly what qualities the military are looking for in their officers.

I have already sat and passed to the highest levels (Band 1 & Gauss 12) the pilot specific aptitude testing, but fell over in the officer interview.

Prior to my last testing I had taken the liberty of contacting around half a dozen or so operational RAAF pilots seeking info on what they believed the recruiting officers were likely to ask. As my luck would have it, I ended up with an Army officer who grilled me to within an inch of my life on topics I just had not prepared for - given my inside goss.

I wish at all costs to avoid a repeat performance of my last venture and would like to hear your input on the not so obvious qualities required of military officers. Particularly from the guys who read these boards who have already passed this step in recruitment.

I promised myself a long time ago during work experience with the RAAF that my flight in a CT-4 trainer wouldn't be the last time I ever sat in one of those birds. Given this, Tamworth and the PSA are firmly within my sights as an immediate goal.

Any thoughts or feedback on the officer aspect would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Karhu

citizen
9th Nov 2003, 06:50
G'day

I am currently sitting in the pipe waiting to start BFTS sometime next year - my class mates are slotted for March but I'm probably going to be on June.

I am actually Navy, but I'll be able to help you with any q's you may have - I'm surrounded by RAAFie turds! As far as the recruiting officers go, write down a huge list of questions they are likely to ask and answer them all yourself. You'd have a fair idea now of what they will likely ask.

Any questions give me an email,

Cheers

Karhu
9th Nov 2003, 14:41
Hi citizen,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've sent you a PM.

It would be great to hear from anyone else who has or is going through ADF pilot recruitment as well.