PDA

View Full Version : Ryranair to Reus-Barcelona?

akerosid
7th Nov 2003, 00:45
LONDON -(Dow Jones)- Ryanair said Thursday it has commenced 2 new routes between London and Reus-Barcelona and Valladolid in Spain.

I know this is old news, but I didn't think FR had actually gone as far as referring to Reus like this? (It's only 60 miles N of Barcelona City!)

(If this practice is outlawed, will this qualify as the "Actus reus"?)

Runway 31
7th Nov 2003, 02:07
I think that you are confusing Reus with Gerona. Reus is south of Barcelona while Gerona is north.

Ryanair have been flying to Gerona for a while and have only just commenced the service to Reus.

Runway 31

ADFS
7th Nov 2003, 02:29
Reus is at best West South West of Barcelona; Gerona is East-North East .
In any case, here writes one that is pissed off with Ryanair..paid the 50 pound application fee..has the 737 rating..is current and working...and has had no NO response whatsoever...:yuk:

michaelknight
7th Nov 2003, 06:10
ADFS,

No offence mate, but re the £50, does everyone who pays the £50 expect to get a job with RYANair?

There's over 4500 people on their database. Ryanair are expanding, but not at the rate were they can give everyone who applies a job, or interview. Thats 4500 people 2250 crews, 8 crews per aircraft, that's ballpark 280 aircraft! They don't, yet, have that many aircraft!

Sit tight, I've forgotten about my £50, it won't be the last £50 you might piss into the wind.

MichaelKnight

ADFS
8th Nov 2003, 00:47
MichaelKnight...its not so much the 50 quid but the fact nearly 5 months have gone by and not so much as a peep from them yet.
I understand we are many in their data base so therefore maybe they should announce a cap on the applications accepted...
Well, I´ve paid and I suppose you have too. ? Did´nt you expect at least a call or were YOU just pissing away 50 pounds for the helluvit ?
:ok:

brownstar
8th Nov 2003, 04:03
AFDS

from your post it sounds like you expect to be handed a job on a plate. If you have paid your 50 quid and are not chasing up your application then be a bit more proactive in your approach. There are very few airline jobs that come easily. Speak to someone that works for the company, find out whats going on. Don't just put a post like this on the forum, makes you sound like a bit off a slacker.

dada
8th Nov 2003, 17:51
brownstar - bit OF a slacker, not off.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
8th Nov 2003, 19:00
I'm recruiting pilots for a well known, world class airline (not NOW surprisingly) who have to remain nameless for the time being. For only 25 of your british pounds I can sort you out with a top job. Please get in contact for futher details of where to send your cheques.

Frankfurt_Cowboy

Lagos, Nigeria.

michaelknight
8th Nov 2003, 21:36
ADFS,

RE: The £50, I didn't expect to get a call a few days later after I applied to Ryanair offering me a job. Maybe I have pissed the £50 into the wind, but I can live with that. I've spent a lot of my bank managers money on the ATPL, so £50 isn't nothing, when you step back and look at the big picture. And anyway, my attitude is, if you're not in, you can't win....such is life.

MichaelKnight