PDA

View Full Version : British Airways signs up for T5

ETOPS
6th Nov 2003, 20:53
British Airways have today signed a letter of intent for occupancy of Terminal 5 at LHR when it opens in 2008. The airline intends to move all LHR operations into the Main concourse and first satellite in a simultaneous move as opposed to the original two stage plan. This will allow other airlines to move into terminals 1 and 4 to ease congestion.

The big question is how will Richard Branson be able to use this announcement to get a bit of publicity and bash BA at the same time?

GT3
6th Nov 2003, 22:48
wont be sloe occupancy....A380.....

SKYMAN
6th Nov 2003, 23:02
Unless VS were offered a move to T5 as well, I guess RB will have a field day with the PR.

But would he want to move, as BMI get a lot of the VS connection traffic so I have been told, so he would shot himself in the foot with his paxs if he did.

Will other OneWorld players move to T5 as well?

ETOPS
7th Nov 2003, 00:02
GT3

Quite right - the QF Airbus/747 flights will operate from T5 just like they do at T4 today. Add to that CX, AA and any other oneworld flights that care to join in and we will have a world class hub........

maxy101
7th Nov 2003, 15:31
Wonder if the MT drivers et al will allow that?

Andy_S
7th Nov 2003, 16:46
"But would he want to move, as BMI get a lot of the VS connection traffic so I have been told, so he would shot himself in the foot with his paxs if he did."

I don't think Branson is particularly interested in moving to T5. His (and many others) real complaint is that BAA are cutting back on investment at T1, T2 & T3 in order to accelerate BA's transfer to T5. Looking at it another way, they could be seen as subsiding BA's move to a shiny new state of the art terminal.